Dota 2 is a great multiplayer game if you have recently installed the game facing the crashing or Dota 2 Not Launching issue. Then follow this guide, as we have gathered some of the most useful methods that actually work to fix this issue. Surely it depends upon what causing the issue but figuring that out can be time taking. So the best possible way to tackle this is to check out each solution one by one.
Similar Types of Dota 2 Not Launching Issue
- Dota 2 not responding on launch
- Dota 2 won’t launch 2021
- Dota 2 not launching windows 10
- Dota 2 not launching mac
- Dota 2 not launching ubuntu
- Dota 2 launch options
- How to fix dota 2 can t launch
- Dota 2 not launching mac 2021
How to Fix Dota 2 Not Launching Problem Issue Very Easily
Now to get rid of the Dota 2 Not Launching there are multiple ways depending upon what might be the cause of the issue. So you can try out each method one by one and hopefully one of them will work for you.
1. Close Unwanted Programs
If you are sure that you have installed the game without any stops, errors, or problems; chances are that the game is not getting enough memory resources. What you can do here is that simply restart your system and then run the game it will work fine.
2. Verify Dota 2 Game files
Surely a lot of you might have already tried this method to fix the issue, but in case you have not tried this solution then try the below steps.
This method is really helpful in fixing any issues with the game files like corrupted or missing files which ultimately result in the crashing of the game. So it is recommended that you must try this method.
- STEP 1. First of all, make sure that the Steam client is running
- STEP 2. Once you are on the dashboard, head to the Library
- STEP 3. Under the library right-click on Dota 2 and click on Properties
- STEP 4. In the properties, you have to click on the local files
- STEP 5. Below click on the verify integrity of game files
The process can take a few minutes, once the process is finished you can run the game without any issues.
3. Update Graphics Driver & Windows
If you have checked the game files and the issue is not fixed then try updating your graphics. A bunch of people has confirmed that updating the Graphics driver fixes the issue. Also, it is suggested that you update windows because some systems include the graphics driver update in windows update. So try to check if there is any pending update.
If you have an Nvidia graphics card installed on your system then try using the Geforce experience application to update your GPU. Follow the below steps in case you do not know how to update the driver.
- STEP 1. Go to the start menu and search for the Geforce experience application
- STEP 2. Open the application and while you are on the main dashboard click on the Driver tab
- STEP 3. Now on the right click on the Check for updates button
- STEP 4. If there is any pending update available kindly install the update
In case your system is using the AMD graphics driver, then you can update the driver through the AMD Radeon settings. Follow the steps for better understanding.
- STEP 1. First of all open the AMD Radeon app, you can search it from the Start menu
- STEP 2. Once the app is opened up, at the bottom left you will the Update button
- STEP 3. Click on the update button and after that click on Check for Updates
- STEP 4. If there is any update present go ahead and install it
4. Set Launch Options for Dota 2
If both of the above methods are not working for you then surely this method will be helpful in removing this issue. This method has been working for a majority of the users so give this method a try.
- STEP 1. Make sure that you are on the main Steam client dashboard
- STEP 2. Now go to the Library tab and right-click on the DOTA 2, from there select Properties
- STEP 3. Also, make sure that you are on the General tab
- STEP 4. Below you will see Set launch options, in there you have to type the below text as it is including dash
- STEP 5. Finally, apply the changes and try running the game
- STEP 6. Now some users might still face the issue, so again open the Set launch options
- STEP 7. Remove the existing text and write the below text
- STEP 8. Finally, save the changes and run the game
The above guide talks about solutions to fix Dota 2 Not Launching issue. This problem is not that big and occurs due to some temporary issues. The guide aims to give you information about this crash issue and fix it.
For more guides follow us. Thank you!