Final Fantasy is a well known MMO-RPG game. A lot of users are a die-hard fan of this series. Talking specially about the Final Fantasy XIV, it was released back in 2013 and released as a PC version as well. Recently the game has been facing an error. A lot of users are facing the same error. Whenever the users launch the game, the screen gets black, and then within a few seconds, the game crashes with FFXIV Launcher Error. Often this error comes up with an error code of 214667211. This troubleshooting guide aims to fix the issue with some best solutions.
Causes of FFXIV Launcher Error
While researching the possible ways to fix the issue, we come across some very common yet major causes of this Error. The error can occur due to your network. Network issues like DNS and DNS client service might be not responding. Furthermore, the error can also happen because of SSL and trusted site issues. Also, a lot of users have claimed that due to some problems with the FFXIV_BOOT.cfg file, the error appears.
- DNS Issues
- SSL and Trusted Site issue
- FFXIV_BOOT.cfg file
- Temporary Network issue
Similar Types of FFXIV Launcher Error
- Unable to download patch files
- Unable to complete version check
- FFXIV launcher not loading
- FFXIV 16a error
- FFXIV launcher repair
- 30413 (10009 10019)
How to Fix FFXIV Launcher Error Code Problem
Let’s proceed to our main part possible ways To Fix FFXIV Launcher Error. Below are all the methods and tips to eliminate Fix this error. All the techniques have been demonstrated using steps.
1. Restart the Game & System
Usually, there are fair chances that the FFXIV Launcher Error 2146697211 is temporary, as multiple users have claimed that the error vanishes after restarting the game. While some of them say that the error goes ways after restarting the system. So it is highly suggested that you follow the below two tips.
- Restart the game
- If the error persists, Restart the system
2. Disable the Firewall
Firewalls often create hindrances while gaming. In these cases as well. However, if you are using any third-party antivirus, disable it as well. Follow the FFXIV Launcher Error 30413 steps to disable the firewall.
- STEP 1. Simultaneously press Windows+R key, a run window will open
- STEP 2. In the search field, Put Control Panel followed by an enter
- STEP 3. Once you get into the control panel, go to System and Security settings
- STEP 4. On the top right you will see Windows Firewall click on it
- STEP 4. In the windows firewall window, on the left click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off link
- STEP 5. A window named customize settings will open up
- STEP 6. Here you need to Choose to Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) for both Private and Public network settings
- STEP 6. Once you have made the changes, save them and restart your system to get back from this FFXIV Launcher Error 30413.
3. Run the Launcher as Administrator
Multiple users have reported that if you try to run the game without admin privileges, the FFXIV Launcher Error unable to download patch files appears. Follow the steps to fix that.
- STEP 1. Right Click on the Launcher file
- STEP 2. Choose Run as an administrator
- STEP 3. For Permanent fix, Right Click on the installer file
- STEP 4. Go to Properties
- STEP 5. Click on Compatibility Tab
- STEP 6. Tick on Run this program as an Administrator
- STEP 7. Click on Apply and then OK
- STEP 8. Now run the game without FFXIV Launcher Error -2146697208
4. Changing the SSL Certificate
From the FFXIV Launcher Error 2146697211 statement, we can clearly see that the error talks about HTTPS. So there might be chances that the SSL certificate is an older version. Follow the below steps to fix it.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start Menu, then go to Control Panel
- STEP 2. In the control panel window head to Network and Internet Settings
- STEP 3. Then, go to Internet Options
- STEP 4. A new window will pop up, click on Advanced Tab
- STEP 5. Now below scroll and look for SSL 2.0, if there is 3.0 check it as well
- STEP 6. Once you find it, Checkmark it and save the changes for getting rid of FFXIV Launcher Error -2146697211.
5. Tweaking FFXIV_Boot.cfg File
This method demonstrates the FFXIV Launcher Error unable to download patch files pc issue related to the FFXIV_BOOT.cfg file.
- STEP 1. To fix FFXIV_BOOT.cfg file, navigate to
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV
- STEP 2. Inside the folder, locate FFXIV_BOOT.cfg
- STEP 3. Now open FFXIV_BOOT.cfg with Notepad
- STEP 4. Locate the below text and make sure that 0 and 1 are put as mentioned below
- Language 1
- Region 2
- EulaAgreement 1
- StartupCompleted 1
- B4EulaAgreement 1
- BootVersionCheckMode 1
- ConfigReset 0
- STEP 4. Finally, save the FFXIV_BOOT.cfg file to fix this FFXIV Launcher Error 30413 25008 20495.
In this troubleshooting guide, we have covered all the possible ways to fix FFXIV Launcher Error. We have also gone through the possible causes behind this error. We hope your issue has been fixed.
For more guides, tips, and tech stuff, do follow us. Thank you!