MMO-RPG games have always been a top genre in games. No matter whether you are playing in console, PC, or smartphones, the games somehow tend to attract people. Talking of RPGs games Final Fantasy is a top tier game. Usually, RPG games are long-running games and kept alive with regular updates and fixes. But recently, users have been facing issues with Final Fantasy XIV. Whenever users launch the game, the screen gets black, and soon after, the games crash with an error message saying ffxiv unable to complete version check. A lot of for no reason is facing the error. In this troubleshooting, we will talk about the possible cause of this issue along with methods to fix it.
Causes of FFXIV Unable To Complete Version Check Error
As reported by the user, there are multiple causes of this issue. A lot of users claim that after updating the error somehow still appears. Some very common causes of this error can be an active windows firewall, slow network connection, pending update. While the majority of users claim that the error appears because so Boot Configuration File of the game and the cache.
- Active windows firewall
- Slow network connection
- Pending update
- Boot Configuration File
- Game cache
Similar Types of FFXIV Unable To Complete Version Check Error
- FFXIV unable to complete version update 30419
- (30605 20446)(404)
- FFXIV unable to complete version update 30437
- FFXIV file access failed during version check
- (30410)(30607) (20459) (10009) (10019)
How to Fix FFXIV Unable To Complete Version Check Error
Below we have demonstrated all the possible ways by which you can eliminate FFXIV Unable To Complete Version Check Error.
1. Check if Server is Live
Since the game is an MMO-RPG, there are fair share chances that the server might be temporarily unavailable, and the FFXIV Unable To Complete Version Check 30605 504 error is occurring. It is common in the MMO-RPGs game. So the first thing you need to do is to check whether the server is live or not.
- Check official Forums for tracking any issues with the game
2. Check Your Network
The second thing you have to do is to check if your network is working just fine. We suggest that you go through the below FFXIV Unable To Complete Version Check 30410 steps.
- STEP 1. Disconnect your device from the network
- STEP 2. Restart the Router
- STEP 3. Reconnect your device
3. Verify Integrity of Game Cache (Steam)
As recommended by a lot of users, this method fixes the FFXIV Unable To Complete Version Check 30605 Error. Follow all the steps to fix the issue.
- STEP 1. Open up Steam and locate Final Fantasy XIV in library
- STEP 2. Once you find it Right-click on it and select Properties
- STEP 3. In the Properties go to the Local Files tab
- STEP 4. Below click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache
- STEP 5. Once done try Playing the game
4. Editing the ffxiv_boot.cfg
Another recommended solution to fix the FFXIV Unable To Complete Version Check PC issue is by manually tweaking the ffxiv_boot.cfg file of the game. Follow the steps below to see how it is done.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start Menu and click on My Computer
- STEP 2. Now navigate to the below location
C: > User > Documents > My Games > FINAL FANTASY XIV – A Realm Reborn
- STEP 3. Once you get to the game folder locate FFXIV_BOOT file
- STEP 4. Now Right-click on ffxiv_boot.cfg then select Open with Notepad
- STEP 5. Once the file has been opened locate BootVersionCheckMode
- STEP 6. Once you find it change its value from 0 to 1
- STEP 7. Perform the same for B4EulaAgreement and change its value to 1as well
- STEP 8. Now save the changes and try playing the game
5. Disable the Firewall
Users have also reported that disabling the firewall also fixes the FFXIV Unable To Complete Version Check 30605 20448 10009 10019 issue.
- STEP 1. Simultaneously press Windows+R key, a run window will open
- STEP 2. In the search field, Put Control Panel followed by an enter
- STEP 3. Once you get into the control panel, go to System and Security settings
- STEP 4. On the top right you will see Windows Firewall click on it
- STEP 4. In the windows firewall window, on the left click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off link
- STEP 5. Customize settings window will open up
- STEP 6. In this window Choose to Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) for both Private and Public network settings
- STEP 6. Finally, save all the changes, then restart your system
We hope that by following this troubleshooting, you have fixed FFXIV Unable To Complete Version Check Error.
For more similar troubleshooting guides, follow us. Thank you!