Final Fantasy 14 is a Massive, Multiplayer Online RPG game. The game is unique in its own way, with outstanding storylines and characters. The game has been ruling the MMO RPG genre for years. The game is continuously updated and fixed for any bugs. The game has one of the biggest active community. Recently a lot of users have been facing problems while updating the game. Users have reported that every time they try to update the screen freezes gets black and withing few seconds an error appears saying ffxiv unable to download patch files. In this error solving guide, we will be going through all the possible causes of this error along with methods to fix the error.
Causes of FFXIV Unable to Download Patch Files
Talking of the causes behind ffxiv unable to download patch files error. This error disrupts the downloading process, and updates, including patch files, aren’t able to install. As reported by multiple users, the error seems to appear because of the country region and the routing issue. Further, due to active windows firewall and network issues like DNS cache and Ports are also possible causes of this error.
- Country Region
- Temporary Server Error
- DNS issues
- Network Issues
Similar Types of FFXIV Unable to Download Patch Files
- (30413) (20496)
- FFXIV download
- Unable to install ffxiv
- FFXIV patch download
How to Fix FFXIV Unable to Download Patch Files Error Issue
To fix FFXIV Unable to Download Patch Files error, we have gathered a few methods by which you can eliminate this error. Below are all the methods demonstrated using step by step.
1. Bad Internet Connectivity/No Internet
One very common cause of this issue is low internet connectivity. Make sure that your internet is working well. Since the game requires a fast and constant internet connection you need to make sure that you are getting enough speed. To find out your internet speed now, visit Speedcheck.
- Try visiting some websites to check if the internet is fine
- You need to have at least 5 Mbps of constant speed to run the game smoothly
2. Temporary Issue, Wait
We suggest you once you get the error to wait for at least an hour, the FFXIV Unable to Download Patch Files 30413 error might be because of temporary issues with the server. Since the game is MMO RPG, there are a lot of users connected to the server. As a result, maybe it is down.
- STEP 1. Head on to Game’s Official Forums
- STEP 2. Check if there are any announcements related to server issue
- STEP 3. Contact your fellow friend weather they are experiencing the issue
- STEP 4. If they are not facing the issue head to the next method
3. Use Virtual Private Network (VPN)
As reported by the users, this is one of the most recommended methods to fix FFXIV Unable to Download Patch Files 30413 25008 10009 error. Multiple users have reported that the error can be fixed using VPN software.
The VPN program unblocks the network limitations that are implemented by your ISP. With the help of a VPN program, you can access blocked websites, servers, and data.
- STEP 1. Download a VPN program from the Internet
- STEP 2. Once downloaded, install it
- STEP 3. After installation, run the Program and change your location
- STEP 4. The program will automatically mask your IP
- STEP 5. Now run the game and check if the error still persists
4. Delete Problematic Folder
Another way of fixing ffxiv unable to download patch files 30413 25008 20495 error is to delete a specific folder. Users have reported that removing the folder fixes the issue. The folder belongs to the game. Now follow the steps.
- STEP 1. Open the Start Menu and open up My computer
- STEP 2. Alternatively, Hold Windows key and press E to open the file explorer
- STEP 3. Once My computer is opened, on the left side locate and Click Documents
- STEP 4. Now there will be a folder named My Games open it
- STEP 5. Inside the folder there will Final Fantasy XIV – A Realm Reborn folder
- STEP 6. Now again open up the Downloads folder > Patch Folder
- STEP 7. Once you get inside the Patch folder, Locate 4e9a232b folder
- STEP 8. Now simply right click and delete 4e9a232b folder
- STEP 9. Once done, run steam offline and check if the error still appears
5. Tweaking DNS Settings
If any of the above methods don’t work, there are chances that the issue is with your DNS configuration. Below we have demonstrated to DNS settings follow them and check if the FFXIV Unable to Download Patch Files PC error appears.
- STEP 1. Open up the Run Window and put ncpa.cpl in the search field then hit Enter
- STEP 2. In this new window, select your network
- STEP 3. Now open up network connection Properties
- STEP 4. Now select Internet Protocol version (usually it is IPv4), then click on the Properties button
- STEP 5. Under Use the following DNS server addresses section
- STEP 6. Carefully enter 184.108.40.206 in the Preferred DNS server field
- STEP 7. And, Enter 220.127.116.11 in the Alternate DNS server field
- STEP 8. Finally, save all the changes and restart your system to make changes effective
- STEP 9. If the error persists, come back to STEP 5.
- STEP 10. Now change the Preferred and Alternate DNS server field to 18.104.22.168
In the above troubleshooting guide, we have tried to cover all the possible ways to fix FFXIV Unable to Download Patch Files error. If you have some other method to resolve, the issue, tell us through the comments.
For more guides and tips on gaming, follow us. Thank you!