Grim dawn is a slashes role-playing game; the whole game takes place in a fantasy world. If you have been a fan of the devil may cry or diablo; this is similar to those. You enter into an apocalyptic world where the human race is on the verge of extinction. This game is undoubtedly a delight with excellent character development, a great story, and stunning action. However, some users are not able to experience this fun. There have been countless complaints regarding grim dawn crashing and many issues. Users have reported that the game crashes during the startup and while playing. This guide will give some solutions to fix this unexpected crash issue of the game.
Causes of Grim Dawn Crashing A Lot Problem Issue
Talking of the causes behind the grim dawn crashing on startup issue. Various users have confirmed that the issue appears because of a corrupted or possible issue with the game files. There have also been cases where the antivirus blocks the game from launching, as it considers the launcher file as some virus. Furthermore, graphic settings, including anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering, if turned on then it might cause a crash.
- Corrupted game files
- Graphic settings
Similar Types of Grim Dawn Crashing A Lot Problem Issue
- Grim dawn crashing forgotten gods
- Grim dawn crashes on launch
- Grim dawn freezing
- Grim dawn mods
- Grim dawn crash multiplayer
- Grim dawn has crashed
- Grim dawn x64 crash
How to Fix Grim Dawn Crashing A Lot Problem Issue
Well, the Grim Dawn Crashing on startup Issue is very common and can be easily fixed using specific methods. Below we have demonstrated all the important methods you can use to eliminate the crashing issue within a few minutes.
1. Verifying the Game Cache
With the help of this Grim Dawn Crashing on startup method, we will ensure that all the game files are fine and that there is no possible corruption in them. It can be easily done by following the below steps.
- STEP 1. While you are in Steam, head to the Game Library
- STEP 2. Now locate and Right-click Grim Dawn in your Library
- STEP 3. From the context menu, click on Properties
- STEP 4. Now in the new window, head to the Local Files tab
- STEP 5. Below click on the Verify Integrity of Game Cache button
- STEP 6. Steam will automatically scan and verify all the file
- STEP 7. If there are any possible corruption or issues, it will redownload the files
2. Re-Enable Cloud Save
This Grim Dawn Crashing windows 10 method requires a few efforts; in this method, we will enable the cloud saves; we have to first download the cloud saves locally, then clear them out and enable the cloud save. This method works if you are facing a crashing issue.
- STEP 1. Backup all your cloud save locally
- STEP 2. Once done, enable back the Cloud saving, then restart the game
- STEP 3. Now Go to options > Network tab and delete cloud saves
- STEP 4. It will automatically prompt you to import the existing saves
- STEP 5. Import them, and you are all done
3. Disable Antivirus
Another Grim Dawn Crashing has many issues because the game crashes when the antivirus is active. If you are using any third-party antivirus, make sure to disable it when running the game. The below steps are for disabling Windows Bit defender.
- STEP 1. Open up Control Panel, then go to System and Security
- STEP 2. Now locate and click on Windows Firewall
- STEP 3. On the left, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off
- STEP 4. A new window will pop kindly turn off the firewall for both private and public network
- STEP 5. Once done, save the changes and try running the game
Crashing of games is very common for most people, but the issue is not that hard to fix. Today’s guide is based on Grim Dawn Crashing a lot of issues. In this guide, we have demonstrated all the possible ways by which you can fix the issue.
For more guides on gaming like this, Grim Dawn Crashing follows us a lot. Thank you!