Grand Theft Auto requires no introduction, and it is a game that has made our childhood more memorable. The game is still one of its kind and undoubtedly the best; for those who have not played it, it features a cocktail of action, adventure, open world, shooter, and fighting genres. Moving on to our main topic, today’s guide is based on the GTA 5 Crashing issue randomly. The issue is limited to PC users only. If you are also facing this crash issue, follow this guide. We will be discussing all the causes of this issue as well as possible and working on ways to fix this issue.
Causes of GTA 5 Crashing Randomly Problem
Talking of the causes, some known issues might trigger the crashes, some of which are very common and obvious. The first cause can be the issue with the game files; for some reason, if the game files get corrupted or missing, you might face the issue. Furthermore, if your system is not capable of running the game in a high graphics setting, then also the issue persists. Also, some common things are overlooked, like running the game using administrator privileges and keeping the graphics driver and game updated.
Similar Types of GTA 5 Crashing Randomly Issue
- Windows 10
- On startup
- GTA 5 keeps crashing on the loading screen
- GTA v crashes randomly in 2019
- GTA 5 keeps crashing pc
- GTA v crashes randomly in 2020
- GTA v crash fix
How to Fix GTA 5 Crashing Randomly Problem Issue
To fix the startup issue, we have gathered all the possible solutions that are found to be useful to fix the GTA 5 Crashing issue.
1. Run the Game with Enough RAM
If you are trying to run the game with a low RAM resource, then the crash is very common to occur. If any programs are running, kindly close them and then try running the game. In case it does not work, set the game to high priority by following the below GTA 5 Crashing pc steps.
- STEP 1. While the game is running, head to the Desktop by pressing the Windows key
- STEP 2. Now open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+Delete
- STEP 3. While you are in the process tab, locate GTA, then right-click and choose Details
- STEP 4. You will be directed to the Details tab, again right-click > Set priority > High
- STEP 5. Once the priority has been set, run the game
2. Verify Integrity of Game Files
This GTA 5 Crashing on loading screen method will ensure that the game files are fine and there are no issues with them. The below steps are for the Steam client.
- STEP 1. Go to the Steam Libray
- STEP 2. Now right-click on GTA V and go to Properties
- STEP 3. Head to the Local Files tab, and below click on the Verify Integrity Of Game files button
- STEP 4. Let the process run and once the process is completed, run the game
3. Run the Game with Medium to Low Graphics
If your system does not have a high specification or powerful GPU, then it is recommended that you run the game with medium to low graphics settings. So that you will get to know How to fix GTA 5 Crashing.
STEP 1. Go to the main menu of the game then Settings > Graphics
STEP 2. Now lower the below settings
STEP 3. Once done, try running the game now
4. Run the Game with Administrator Permission
One of the common and overlooked causes behind the GTA 5 Crashing randomly issue of the game is running the game without administrator permission.
- STEP 1. While you are on the Desktop, right-click on the launcher file and choose an open folder location
- STEP 2. Now locate the launcher file
- STEP 3. Once you have found the launcher file, right-click on it and choose Run as administrator
5. Important Troubleshooting Points
If you have tried all of the above methods and the GTA 5 Crashing on startup PC issue persists, go through the below points and try them.
- Update your GPU driver
- Update the System as well as the Game
- Run the game with Windows 7 compatibility mode
The above guide talks about all the ways you can fix the GTA 5 Crashing issue. We have talked about all the possible causes of this GTA 5 Crashing issue as well.
We hope by following this guide, your GTA 5 Crashing issue is fixed; for more guides on gaming, follow us. Thank you!