Nvidia graphics card users are facing issues while running the GeForce experience application. Nvidia Geforce application is a utility that allows you to access various helpful features. However, the app is unusable since it is throwing the error code 0x0001 while launching the application. If you are also facing the same issue, then follow this guide. We will be covering all the important details regarding the Nvidia GeForce experience error code 0x0001 issue, like why this error is appearing on your system and what are solutions can be used to fix the problem.
About Nvidia Geforce Experience Application
Nvidia GeForce experience application is a sort of companion application that can be used with the NVIDIA graphics card. The app provides various useful functions without having to install any other third-party application. Some of the attractive features these app offers are online streaming of gameplay, capturing gameplay, adjusting the game PC performance, controlling the game settings, and managing the graphics driver. This application, all in all, helps in managing various aspects of PC and gaming performance.
Why Does Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0001 Occur?
Upon looking into this Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0001 issue, we have managed to gather all the possible causes that can trigger this error—starting with the GeForce experience version you have installed. Usually, these type of issues occurs in the beta versions, but in this case, the bug is in the stable build of the application. The second scenario in which the issue might happen is because of limited access to the GeForce experience services like Nvidia Telemetry and other container services. Also, the problem might occur because of limited permissions to the app folders. Furthermore, if you have recently recovered from a virus attack or restored your system, chances are the app files have got corrupted.
- Bug in the Stable Build
- Permission issues with the application services and folders
- Application files have got corrupted
Similar Types Of Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0001 Issues
- Nvidia GeForce experience error code 0x0003
- Nvidia GeForce experience error code 0x0003 Reddit
- Geforce experience error code 0x0001 Reddit
- Nvidia telemetry container missing
- how to update GeForce experience
- Geforce experience register
- Geforce experience something went wrong error 0x0001
- www Nvidia com GeForce now
How to Fix Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0001 Issues
Nvidia GeForce Experience error code 0x0001 Issue has been seen to occur in multiple versions of the windows majorly including Windows 10 and 8.1. In case you are facing this issue in Windows 8 or 7, feel free to follow the guide. All the methods are applicable to windows 7 and above. Make sure to follow each step correctly.
1. Install the Beta Version of the Geforce Experience Application
The first method to eliminate the Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0001 issue is to simply install the beta version of the app. As mentioned in the causes section, the stable build has some bug that is preventing it from running. Multiple users have confirmed that installing the beta version solves the issue for them.
- STEP 1. First of all, you need to uninstall the stable version of the app. To do that, open the settings.
- STEP 2. Now go to App and locate the Nvidia GeForce Experience application
- STEP 3. Once you have found it, click on it and click on the Uninstall button
- STEP 4. Once the program is uninstalled completely, restart your system
- STEP 5. After restarting, open up your browser and open this link
- STEP 6. Once the webpage is opened up, click on the Download button
- STEP 7. After the download is finished, double click to install the application
- STEP 8. Now try running the application. It should work fine.
2. Enabling the NVIDIA Services to Communicate with the Local Account
If you are already using the Beta version of the app or the beta version does not solve your issue. Chances are the Nvidia Services does not have enough permission to communicate in the local account. Follow the below steps to fix this Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0001.
- STEP 1. Open up the Run window by pressing Windows key + R
- STEP 2. Once the run window is opened, type services.msc and press Enter
- STEP 3. Once the services window is opened up, locate the NVIDIA Display Container LS service
- STEP 4. Once you find the service, right-click on it and go to Properties
- STEP 5. First of check if the startup type is put to Automatic and that the status of the service is set to Automatic
- STEP 6. On the top, click on the Log On tab and select the Local System account
- STEP 7. Now make sure to tick mark Allow service to interact with desktop
- STEP 8. Once ticked, apply the changes
- STEP 9. Follo STEP 4-8 for the below three services as well
- NVIDIA LocalSystem Container
- NVIDIA NetworkService Container
- NVIDIA Telemetry Container
3. Give Ownership to Nvidia Folders
As told in the causes section, if there are not sufficient permissions available to the NVIDIA app folders, then you face the issue. To fix this Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0001, you have to give permission to the folders follow the below steps manually.
- STEP 1. Open File Explorer or go to the My Computer now navigate to the below path
C:\Program Files (x86)
- STEP 2. Here locate the NVIDIA Corporation folder, then Right-click on the folder and choose Properties
- STEP 3. Once the properties window is opened up, go to the Security tab and click on the Advanced button
- STEP 4. A new window will pop named Advanced Security Settings. On the top, check if the Owner is set as SYSTEM.
- STEP 5. If it is set to System, proceed to another method. In case it is not, click on the Change button.
- STEP 6. Under Enter the object name to select, type System, then click on Check Names, then click OK
- STEP 7. Once done, apply the changes to all the opened windows
- STEP 8. Now go to C:\Program Files and Perform the STEPS 2-7
- STEP 9. Once done, restart the system, and hopefully, your issue will be fixed
Nvidia GeForce experience error code 0x0001 is an error that has been occurring for a lot of users. This guide talks about the possible causes of this issue along with that, and you also get your hands on some best solutions to fix this issue.
With this being the end of the guide, we hope your Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0001 issue is fixed. Thank you!