Total war is not much of a known game, but the gamers who know this game admit that it is a masterpiece. The Total War series is unique and has its own flavor, and the game features a strategy-based approach and real-time tactical approach; when you play the game, you totally immerse in the game. The game has been available for many devices, including Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC, etc. However, there has been a lot of complaints lately regarding the launcher. Users have many complaints like the launcher’s crashing, not working on the launcher and similar issues. We will give you solutions to fix the Total War Launcher has Stopped Working issue in this troubleshooting guide.
Causes of Total War Launcher has Stopped Working Issue:
Talking of the causes behind this issue, there are a couple of causes behind this issue. For Starters, basic issues like antivirus, firewall, and pending updates are the known causes. Apart from these basic issues, there are some major causes of this issue, like game cache data; also, if you have installed any game mods, then the issue occurs.
- Active antivirus, firewall, and pending updates
- Appcache Data
- Installed Game Mods
Similar Types of Total War Launcher has Stopped Working Issue:
- Total war launcher download
- Total war: Warhammer not launching
- Total war Warhammer 2 won’t start after the launcher.
- Total war: Warhammer 2 not launching
- Total war: Warhammer 2 not launching from the launcher
- Bypass total war launcher
- Rome 2 launcher not working
How to Fix Total War Launcher has Stopped Working Issue
To fix this issue, we have gathered some solutions; all of these solutions have been working and legit.
1. Basic Troubleshooting Tips
It is recommended that instead of jumping right onto the below Total War Launcher has Stopped Working Warhammer solutions, make sure that you have already gone through these basic yet important tips.
- Disable Antivirus and Firewall: If you installed any third-party antivirus, kindly disable it when running the game. If not, then disable Windows bit defender and Firewall as well.
- Update Graphics Driver: Ensure that your graphics driver is up to date; there have been many cases in which the outdated graphics driver was the issue.
- Update System: Apart from the driver, make sure that your OS is also up to date.
2. Disable Mods
If there are any active game mods, make sure to disable them completely. Some users have confirmed that any type of active game mods results in the failure of launching the game. Mods are known to be Total War Launcher has Stopped Working Warhammer problematic in multiple cases.
3. Delete the Cache Data
This Total War Launcher has Stopped Working Warhammer method is very effective, and a lot of users are able to play their game without any issue after using this method. The method is simple; you just have to clear out the temporary cache data, which is interfering with the game’s services. Follow the below steps to do so.
- STEP 1. First of all, close the game completely
- STEP 2. Now Go to the Start Menu and type Run, then hit Enter
- STEP 3. While you are in the Run window, enter %appdata%
- STEP 4. Once you hit Enter, you will be prompted to a new folder; here, locate a folder named The Creative Assembly
- STEP 5. Once you find the folder, open and delete the Launcher folder
4. Use the Beta Launcher Update
If the Total War Launcher has Stopped Working Warhammer issue is not fixed, you have to use the Beta Launcher Update and follow the below steps.
- STEP 1. Open up the Steam Client
- STEP 2. Now head to the Games Library
- STEP 3. Locate the Game and Right-click on it, and select properties
- STEP 4. Once you are in the Properties, head to the Betas tab
- STEP 5. There must be an update or patch with the name launcher_release_candidate; select it and activate it
- STEP 6. Once done, save the changes and try running the game; your issue will be fixed
We have gone through the solutions to fix the Total War Launcher has Stopped Working in the above guide. We have also talked about the possible causes of the issue.
We hope this article solves your issue; for more guides like this, follow us. Thank you!