Twitch affiliate is one of the most popular and widely used programs that is designed by twitch for the streamers to make money. The purpose of this program is to motivate, encourage and appreciate the quality content out there which haven’t got any exposure and reach among the people. You can begin making money relatively faster using this way, no matter what the subject of your content is. Be it gaming, podcasting, art, guidance, or variation of those. In this guide, you will get to know a little about the twitch affiliate program, what are its benefits, and its twitch affiliate requirements.
Twitch affiliate is really fantastic program for those who have just started out on twitch and looking forward to their living as a full-time streamers. Furthermore, it is also a way towards Twitch’s biggest and royalty program, Twitch Partner. With that in mind becoming a twitch affiliate follows a procedure; you have to meet specific Twitch affiliate requirements, which this guide is all about.
A little More About Twitch Affiliate
By now, you must have got an idea of what the twitch affiliate program is all about. The program launched way back on 24th April 2017. Since then, it has been evolved and grown to one of the most popular programs. In fact, in the last two years, the program has got a lot of features like the twitch partner program. Now you get your hands on a lot more benefits. Some of the benefits are given below.
- Get a SUBSCRIBE button.
- Ability to generate revenue
- Earn money by game sales and in-game items
- Track the revenue generated from bits
- Affiliates get a custom sub to emote
Twitch affiliate was specially designed to acknowledge the hard work and passion of the streamers who are relatively smaller in size but have quality content if you are someone who is very dedicated and passionate about the work you do by streaming, podcasting, and guiding. Then this path really helpful as you make money through multiple streams of this program.
All the Mandatory Twitch Affiliate Requirements
On your way to becoming an affiliate, there are some Twitch Affiliate Requirements that twitch asks you to fulfill. Without fulfilling these requirements, it is impossible that you can become an affiliate. Let’s talk about all the key metrics that you need to fulfill.
1. Time Broadcasted
So what this metric asks you is that in the last 30 you need to have a stream for at least 500 minutes. If you convert the 500 minutes to hours, it is roughly around 8 hours. So if you look at it now, 8Hrs in 30days looks like a very easy task to achieve.
2. Streaming at Least 7 Unique Days
This metric asks the user to stream for seven unique days in the same 30 days span, which again is a pretty easy task to complete. For your ease of understanding, if you even stream for at least an hour and a half for seven unique days, you have already ticked the above and this metric.
3. You Need at least 50 Followers
While the above requirements are pretty easy to pull off, this one and the next can be a bit complex. In order to become eligible for the twitch affiliate, you need to have at least 50 followers on your account.
4. Concurrent Viewership
Twitch wants you to maintain at least 3 concurrent viewers in the same 30 days cycle, as mentioned in the 1st requirement.
If you manage to tick all the eligibility criteria, you will get eligible for the Twitch affiliate program.
Benefits of Becoming a Twitch Affiliate
The benefits of the twitch affiliate are pretty attractive and satisfying. Below check out some of the benefits this program offers to a twitch affiliate. And by assessing the additions of features and benefits, it can be said that there will be some more additions to the Twitch affiliate program.
- Once you become a Twitch Affiliate, you can earn on Twitch by accepting subscriptions from the viewers.
- A twitch affiliate will unlock access to all subscription options, which are $4.99, $9.99, $24.99, and lastly, a Prime free subscription.
- In addition to the above, as an affiliate, you also get one global subscriber to emote for all subscribers. Along with the options of adding two additional for $9.99 and $24.99 subscribers.
- Also, as an Affiliates, you also unlock Bits to Cheer on your channel.
- If your channel Bits are Cheered, then you get a share of the revenue. Also, bits can be formed into animated gem emotes or Cheermotes, which are animated versions of global emotes.
- Talking of money-making as an Affiliates, you can earn revenue by selling games or in-game items on Twitch.
- An Affiliates also earns a 5% revenue share of the purchases that took place from their channel pages.
Twitch affiliate program is among the top programs offered by Twitch. Specially designed for newcomers, the affiliate program is gradually becoming more feature-rich. If you are planning to earn full-time as a streamer, this program will be a great help. In this Twitch Affiliate requirements guide, we have covered each information that you should know before applying for the program.
Hopefully, this guide has given you some helpful information. Thank you!