Discord is one of the widely used platforms for users to meet virtually. The platform has been around us for a while, and new features and functionalities are added every now and then. However, there is one functionality that many Discord users want, and that is the record audio feature. Unfortunately, the feature is not available as of now officially, but there are workarounds by which you can enable this feature and take advantage of it. In this How to Record Discord Audio guide, we have covered every How to Record Discord Audio step that you must know How to Record Discord Audio. This How to Record Discord Audio guide covers the solution across multiple devices like PC, Macs, And smartphones.
How to Record Discord Audio Very Quickly & Easily
Depending upon the device you are using and whether you are an admin of the server or you are just a member, the methods can vary. For example, you can use the Craig bot to record audio. Also, there is OBS software that is used widely. In the case of smartphones, there are apps built to achieve the solution. Keeping all that in mind, let’s proceed to the How to Record Discord Audio methods.
**NOTE: Keep in mind that it is illegal to record other people without their prior permission in many countries. So make sure that you have the consent of the people you are recording.
How to Record Discord Audio on Windows/Mac
If you are willing to record the Discord audio on your PC or Mac, then the easiest How to Record Discord Audio way is to use the OBS program simply. OBS is a well know software when it comes to recording audio-video and editing them. The program is free to download and use, so you do not have to spend any money solving your How to Record Discord Audio issue.
Below you can find all the necessary How to Record Discord Audio steps to understand how to work with OBS and on How to Record Discord Audio. Assuming the OBS is installed on your PC/Mac and it is opened up.
- STEP 1. At the bottom, press the plus icon (+)
- STEP 2. You can see a long list of options; make sure to select Audio Output Capture
(Choosing this option will make sure that desktop audio output for recording is selected)
- STEP 3. In the pop-up box under Create field, enter any source name and then press OK
- STEP 4. You will be prompted to choose the desired output device for your speakers or headphones
**NOTE: Here, make sure to select the appropriate audio source device; if you have a single output audio device, let it be the default.
- STEP 5. You can check if everything is working fine by playing any audio file, and under the Audio Mixer (you can see the visualizer to confirm)
- STEP 6. Here, ensure that By default, Mic/Aux is listed under the Audio Mixer
**NOTE: It just makes sure that your own speech is recorded along with other chat participants.
- STEP 7. In case the option is not listed or present, click the plus icon (+) > select Audio Input Capture > add your microphone input to the recording
**NOTE: If you do not want your microphone from being recorded, choose the speaker icon and Press the mute/speaker icon to mute your microphone in OBS
- STEP 8. Below the Controls section, click on the Start Recording button to begin recording
- STEP 9. To view your recordings go to File > Show Recordings
If you find this How to Record Discord Audio method a little complex or lengthy, then you can use the Craig bot as well. Follow the below How to Record Discord Audio section for the steps.
How to Record Discord Audio on Android/Craig Bot Method
When it comes to smartphones for recording discord audio, there are a lot of applications that are present which solve your problem. You can simply visit the AppStore or the play store and download the application, which can record your session with a single tap. We are not demonstrating the How to Record Discord Audio method because it is easy enough that you can do it by yourself.
Another How to Record Discord Audio way to record the audio on your phone is to use the Craig Bot. Now the How to Record Discord Audio method is helpful on both the PC and Mobile. Let’s proceed to the How to Record Discord Audio steps.
- STEP 1. First of all, you have to enable the Craig bot. Click on this link to open the official Craig Bot website.
- STEP 2. After the website is opened up, click/tap on Invite Craig to Your Discord Server option
- STEP 3. Login to your account to use the bot
- STEP 4. Now you can use the command below command to invite the bot to your server
Craig:, join (name of your server)
- STEP 5. After you execute the command, It will begin recording the desired voice chat
- STEP 6. Once you are done recording, enter the below command
Craig:, leave (name of your server)
- STEP 7. Executing the above command will finish the recording, and you will get a link to download the recorded audio file
- STEP 8. The final step is to choose the desired audio format, AAC or FLAC, and the file will be saved directly on your iPhone/Android
As you can see, there are several ways by which you can get to know on How to Record Discord Audio. We have specifically talked about two of the best How to Record Discord Audio methods. No matter whether you are using your smartphone, PC, or tablet, the methods can be used easily using the How to Record Discord Audio steps provided.
We hope that you’re How to Record Discord Audio query is solved successfully. Thank you!