Having a PS4 at your home is a great way to enjoy some quality time with your friends and siblings. However, not every time you are in the mood to play games. Sometimes you just want to stretch your legs, sit comfortably on the couch, and want to enjoy a classic movie. Now one question has often struck you; can PS4 Play DVDs? The answer is yes – but there are a few things you need to know before you get started. In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of playing DVDs on your PS4 and offer a few tips to ensure everything goes smoothly. Let’s get started!
(Revealed) Can PS4 Play DVDs or Not
So in this section, we will clear your query on whether Can PS4 play DVDs.
You can play your old movies and DVDs on your new PS4 without buying an additional DVD player. The best part of this process is that there’s no installation or any sort of deep configuration needed, so it won’t take more than a few minutes of effort for the whole thing. Once you have completed all the steps, you will be able to watch all of those favorite movie classics on your Big TV with surround sound. Since you are doing it for the first time, there are some things you may require to do first. So follow the below steps to successfully play the content from your disc.
Steps to Play CD/ DVD/Bluray Disc on Your PS4/PS4 PRO/PS4 SLIM
Here are all the steps that are required to play your old classics. Keep in mind that the process will not only work on PS4 but PS4 PRO/PS4 SLIM as well.
- STEP 1. Make sure that your PS4/PS4 PRO/PS4 SLIM is turned on
- STEP 2. Once turned on, take your CD/ DVD/Blu-Ray Disc and insert it into the Playstation as you do with any of the game discs
- STEP 3. Once done; wait for it to load, and make sure that you are on the main dashboard screen of your Playstation
- STEP 4. Within a minute or two, you will see a new icon or menu appears
Depending upon what you have inserted, if its DVD, it will show DVD; if it is Blu-ray, it will show blu ray
- STEP 5. Now enter using the X button on your controller, and you will see that the movie or video will begin playing
Enabling the HDCP
Now some of the users at STEP 5. might face an error that says Cannot start the application, and that you must enable HDCP. Follow the below steps to enable HDCP.
- STEP 1. Go to the main menu and scroll all the way to the Settings
- STEP 2. Once you are in the settings, scroll down and click on System
- STEP 3. Now that you’re in the system settings; there you will find the HDCP settings
- STEP 4. Click on it and enable it; once enabled, head back to the CD/DVD/BLU RAY and play it without any issues
The PlayStation 4 can play Blu-ray discs, but not if they’re 4K UHD Blu-rays also, it can play HD and 3D Blu-rays. Almost all the different versions of PS4, like PS4 PRO/PS4 SLIM, have identical Blu-ray capabilities. Also, make sure that before you try to play any Blu-ray, update your PS4 system with the latest version and keep connected to the internet,
- Blu-ray Disc
- BD-R/RE (BDAV, BDMV)
- DVD-R/RW*2 (video mode, VR mode*3)
- Hybrid discs are supported.
- AVCHD is supported.
- CPRM is supported.
The ps4 can play DVDs and watch your old movies without buying any additional DVD player. It’s pretty much the only thing you need for entertainment at home! Hopefully, your query, Can PS4 Play DVDs, is surely resolved.
For more guides like this, follow us. Thank you!