In order to play any RIOT game, you need to create a RIOT ID; with this ID, you can play any RIOT game. Riot helps give you a unique identity so that all your friends can find you easily. If you are new to the RIOT game and want to Change Riot ID, then this guide can be helpful. In this guide, we have discussed a lot of important information regarding your RIOT ID.
What is a Riot ID?
When you join or signup to play any RIOT-specific game, you create a unique RIOT ID. This ID is what is called your Username/Display name, or you can say the Gamertag. This is made so that your friend and other players can identify you easily.
Riot ID is made with a combination of two things; player’s hashtag and Gamertag. It is generally a combination of numbers and letters. This ID can be used on any title by RIOT, which really comes in handy as you do not have to create a new ID for every other game from the same studio.
The best thing about the RIOT ID is the hashtags, and hashtags are a great way to identify the users even though their display name can match with someone else. Exclusively talking about Valorant, well, in this game, the only visible part is the Gamertag, a.k.a Display name, and this is the part that the users are looking to change.
Important Things to Know Before You Change Riot ID
Before you proceed to the ways of changing your Riot id, there are some important things that you must need to know.
What changes are possible in Your RIOT ID?
By now, you know that the RIOT ID is made of two things the hashtags and the Gamertag/Display Name. Some of the users are confused regarding that which part is possible to change. Well, RIOT does not keep any restrictions, so you have full permission to make changes in both parts of the ID.
What is the Cost to Change RIOT ID?
Another thing that you must not have heard is that changing the RIOT costs you. If you have played league of legends and at some point wanted to change your RIOT, you will need to spend Riot Points to change your ID. However, if you are changing your ID in Valorant, that is completely free of cost.
How often can you change your RIOT ID?
Another most common query that the user has is whether it is possible to change your RIOT ID anytime or are there are limitations regarding changing your RIOT ID. The answer to this query is. Yes, there is a restriction. Once you have changed your RIOT ID, you can not make any changes for at least 30 days. If you want to change your ID again, you have to wait for 30 days.
How to Change RIOT ID Very Quickly & Easily
Now that you have all the knowledge about the in’s and out’s on changing Riot ID. You can now proceed to the ways by which you can change Riot ID. Below we have demonstrated two ways to accomplish the methods. Just make sure that the steps are taken as mentioned in the methods.
Change Riot ID through Official Website
So the first way to change your RIOT ID is by going onto the official website. To understand the process more clearly follow the steps below.
- STEP 1. Make sure to close any running game, now launch the browser
- STEP 2. After the browser is opened up visit the RIOT official login page by clicking here
- STEP 3. Once you are on the login page, a small login box will be presented, here you have to enter your Valorant login details
**NOTE: In case you have used your Facebook, Google, or Apple account to join the game use them.
- STEP 4. Once you are logged in completely, you will be on the main page of your account similar to the picture below
- STEP 5. To change your RIOT, you need to go to the account settings, on the top right of the screen, and there click on your Display Name
- STEP 6. From the drop-down menu click on Settings, you will be asked to re-enter your password
- STEP 7. Now a new page will appear that contains information related to your Account, click on RIOT ID
- STEP 8. You can see your current RIOT ID, to change it simply delete the existing Riot ID and put the desired RIOT ID you like
- STEP 9. Once entered you have to click on Save Changes, and your ID will be changed
Change Riot ID through LoL (League of Legends)
Another way that you can use to make changes to your RIOT ID is by using the League of Legends. For those who do not know Valorant is tied to the league of legends account.
The process is quite similar to that of the above method, here we are using the League of Legends website.
- STEP 1. Open up your web browser program and then click on this link to access the League of Legends website
- STEP 2. Once the Website is loaded completely, head to the top right and click on the sign-in button
- STEP 3. Enter your League of Legends credentials or use the Google, Facebook, or Apple account
- STEP 4. Once you are logged in, click on your Display name on the top right corner, and choose Settings
- STEP 5. Once the Account page is opened up, click on the RIOT ID tab
- STEP 6. Now on the right, you will be able to see your current Riot id
- STEP 7. Now enter the new Riot ID and hit the Save Changes button
- STEP 8. By the end of STEP 7. your RIOT ID will be changed and you will be able to make your see your new RIOT ID
In this guide, we have talked about all the details and procedures on how to change Riot ID. The guide has demonstrated to you two ways to change your RIOT ID.
Hopefully, by now your query has been cleared. Thank you!