Welcome; in today’s article, I will go through some best solutions to fix the Eso launcher freezes issue. Lately, many users have been complaining and facing elder scroll online launcher issues. Users have claimed that the launcher is stuck at the loading screen and freezes. The game was made free for some time, and later on, it was on a massive sale with some brand new DLC. Many new users have used this golden chance and hopped into this online game which can be hard to handle for the servers. However, there can be other reasons behind the freezing issue, which I have discussed below.
Reason Why Eso Launcher Freezes?
Majorly due to the heavy load on the server, you might be facing this issue, but if you are stuck for some time, it can be a system issue. Users have confirmed that if the game files get corrupted, the launcher also freezes. Furthermore, chances are that there can be some network issues from your ISP side, like weak internet or maybe you have installed any third-party antivirus. Apart from the antivirus, your windows firewall is another thing that may trigger the same issue.
- Heavy Load on the Server
- Corrupted game files
- Active third-party antivirus
- Active Firewall
- Network issues
Other Similar Eso Launcher Freezes Issue
- Eso crashing on launch
- How to repair eso launcher
- Elder scrolls online launcher stuck on loading steam
- Eso installing launcher stuck at 99
- Elder scrolls online not launching
- Elder scrolls online verifying stuck
- Eso black screen on launch
- Eso launcher is not working steam
How to Fix Eso Launcher Freezes Problem Issue
Now that you know why Eso Launcher Freezes and what are the different reasons that make this issue persist. In this section, we have put together some of the best solutions to help you eliminate this issue.
1. Check your Internet Connection
Before you proceed to any of the below methods, it is suggested to make sure that your Internet is working properly. Follow the below points.
- Open up the web browser and check if the websites are opening just fine
- Disconnect, then reconnect to the Network
- Restart the Router
2. Reinstall the Visual C++ Libraries
One of the reasons why this issue occurs is due to possible problems with the Visual C++ libraries. Now to get through this issue, it is suggested that you must reinstall the libraries.
First, you must uninstall the currently installed visual c++ libraries. After that, download fresh visual c++ libraries setup and install them.
- STEP 1. While you are on the desktop, press the Windows+R key
- STEP 2. A small window will pop up; there, you have to enter Control Panel
- STEP 3. Once the control panel window opens up, click on Uninstall program
- STEP 4. Now locate all the Visual C++ libraries and uninstall them one by one
- STEP 5. After uninstallation is done, restart your system
- STEP 6. After restarting, head to the browser and open this link
- STEP 7. Now click on the download link of your suitable system type
- STEP 8. After downloading, install it
3. Delete Patchmaifest File
One of the best ways that are working for many users is deleting the corrupted patch manifest file. First, you must visit the launcher directory; from there, you must delete all the files that end with the .patchmanifest extension. Then, follow the steps for a more clear understanding.
- STEP 1. Make sure to close the game completely and end the launcher task from Task Manager if possible
- STEP 2. Now head to the launcher folder. Follow the below path to visit the launcher folder
Program files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher
- STEP 3. Once you are in the Launcher folder, head to ProgramData
- STEP 4. Inside the ProgramData file, you will find a folder named Host with a long string of hex digits
- STEP 5. Get inside the Host folder and one by deleting all the files that end with the .patchmanifest extension
- STEP 6. Once deleted, close the folder and try running the Launcher
4. Adding an Exception to Firewall
If the above method does not work, add the ESO launcher to the firewall exception. To do this, follow the below steps.
- STEP 1. Open up Start Menu > Control Panel
- STEP 2. Once you are in the Control Panel, go to System and Security
- STEP 4. Click on Windows Defender Firewall / Windows Firewall link located on the left
- STEP 5. Now click on Allow an app or feature through the Windows Defender Firewall
- STEP 6. At the bottom, click on Allow another App button
- STEP 7. Now browse the launcher file of the game
- STEP 8. Tick mark on the Private and Public checkbox and save the changes
- STEP 9. Once done, try running the game
For a lot of users Eso launcher freezes for some reason. In the above guide, we have seen the possible causes of this issue. The guide mainly targets the solutions to fix the problem.
Hopefully, by now, your issue has been fixed. Thank you!