Nintendo Switch is the most famous gaming gadget its biggest advantage is that it is portable and can be carried anywhere. However, there are times when you want to play a certain game on a big screen like a TV. A big screen is always better for a better gaming experience overall; however, connecting your switch to a TV can be problematic. If you are a new user or never connected, switch to a TV before. In this guide on How to connect Switch to TV, we will be giving you two simple methods to easily understand the process of connecting the switch to TV.
How to Connect Switch to TV Very Easily
Here we have provided you with two methods for How to Connect Switch to TV. You can choose any method depending on your situation. If you have a dock, then go through method 1. If you do not have the dock, then follow the 2nd method.
1. How to Connect Switch to TV (Using the Dock)
This method is all about the traditional approach for connecting your Nintendo switch to your TV. In this method, we will use the connecting Dock that comes along with your Nintendo switch. This method includes lots of wire connecting and setting.
The process must be carried out carefully as you might connect the cable incorrectly. Furthermore, you have to carefully put the switch into the dock. Otherwise, it might damage your screen protector or the screen in case of no screen protector. Now let’s see all the steps.
Things that you need:
- AC Adapter
- HDMI Cables
All the Steps to Connect Switch to TV Using the Dock
Once you have all the above-mentioned requirements, you can now go through the steps.
- STEP 1. Once all the above mentioned things are in one place, take the Dock
- STEP 2. Now open up the Back compartment as shown in the picture below
- STEP 3. Once the back compartment is opened up, you will see the ports where cables are going to connect
- STEP 4. So, first of all, connect your AC adapter to the port. There should be a name written for the corresponding ports
- STEP 5. After the AC adapter, plug the HDMI cable as well; once both cables are connected, close the back compartment
- STEP 6. Now make sure to turn on your Nintendo Switch
- STEP 7. Next, connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of the TV
**NOTE: Make sure that you have connected the cable to the right port in case of multiple HDMI Ports
- STEP 8. Now connect your AC cable as well; next, put the Nintendo Switch into the dock
- STEP 9. Turn on the TV/Monitor, and you will see a Light turned on on the Dock and a little introduction on the screen
- STEP 10. You will be required to pull up the Switch, now put the Joycons on both sides
- STEP 11. After that, choose the language, then choose the Region, and now accept the agreement
- STEP 12. You will then be asked to connect to a Wifi network, now select the Timezone
- STEP 13. In the end, you will finally see the option that says Connect to TV, so tap on it
- STEP 14. You will be asked to remove the Joycons, place the switch into the Dock
- STEP 15. On the screen, choose the button Success using the joy-cons
- STEP 16. You will be asked to add a user. If you are a new user, you have to create a new user and then select a picture followed by the name
- STEP 17. You will be asked to link your account to Nintendo
- STEP 18. Once you have linked the account, you are done; you can download games and enjoy playing games
2. How to connect Switch to TV (Without Using the Dock)
If you do not want to follow the above method, you can try this approach. Here the biggest advantage is that you do need a dock to connect your Nintendo Switch to the TV. So let’s go through all the required materials and steps.
Things that you need
- 2 AC Adapter
- Type C HDMI Adapter
- HDMI Cables
All the Steps to Connect Switch to TV Without Using the Dock
- STEP 1. Now that you have all the above-mentioned equipment, we can start putting together all the things
- STEP 2. So the first thing that you need to do is to connect the one end HDMI cable to the Type C HDMI adapter and the other end to the TV
- STEP 3. Also, connect the AC adapter cable to the Type C HDMI adapter
- STEP 4. Now connect the Type C HDMI adapter to the Switch, and you are done with connecting
- STEP 5. You can remove the Joycons and start playing games on your TV screen
Connecting your Nintendo switch to your TV can be a bit tough, especially if you are a new user. In this guide, we have shown you two different methods of connecting your switch to the TV. Hopefully, your query on How to connect Switch to TV is cleared by now.
If you want to read more about games, then follow us. Thank you!