Launched for multiple devices, including PC, XBOX, and PS4, Monster Hunter is a game where you, as a player, fight with the monsters. The game follows an action role-playing approach where you must capture or kill the monsters and get various loot in return. These loots consist of monster parts and other essential things that help you create powerful weapons and gears. Moving on to today’s guide, users across all gaming devices face connection issues with the game. Especially when users try to do story quests with their friends. If you are also having the same issues, then follow this guide. We will tell you the causes of this issue, followed by solutions that will eliminate Monster Hunter World PC Connection Issues.
Causes of Monster Hunter World PC Connection Issues
There are some known factors when it comes to the possible causes of this issue. These factors are the reason behind this issue. Starting with the connection issues, if you have simultaneously connected the Wifi and Lan, you might get a crash issue. Furthermore, if your internet can handle steam’s default ping counts, if your connection can not handle the 5000pings per minute, you will face crash issues. Also, some launching parameters need to be appropriately configured.
- Unstable Network Connection
- Launching Parameters
- Simultaneous Wifi and Lan connected
Similar Types of Monster Hunter World PC Connection Issues
- Monster Hunter: World keeps disconnecting pc 2020
- Monster hunter world server status
- Mhw connection issues pc
- Monster Hunter: World dc
- Iceborne connection issues
- Mhw connection issues pc 2020
- Mhw connection issues 2020
- Monster Hunter: world disconnected from the session
How to Fix Monster Hunter World PC Connection Issues
To fix the issue, we have demonstrated all the methods and solutions below. Follow them, and hopefully, your issue will be fixed.
1. Basic Troubleshooting
It is recommended that you go through these below Monster Hunter World PC Connection Issues tips to ensure that things are okay.
- Disconnect, then reconnect your internet connection.
- Close the game entirely and restart it again
- Restart your system to make sure that it is not a temporary glitch
2. Update the Game to the Latest Version
Make sure that the game is up to date with the latest version. If you are running an outdated version, that crashes happens. The new version has patches and bug fixes to eliminate Monster Hunter World PC Connection Issues.
So go ahead and check if there are any pending updates for the game.
3. Use LAN Connection Only
If you are a PC gamer using the WIFI and Lan connection simultaneously, then the crash Monster Hunter World PC Connection Issues occur.
To eliminate this issue, you have to use only one connection. It is recommended that you use the LAN connection only.
4. Configure the Launch Parameters
If the above Monster Hunter World PC Connection Issues solutions do not work, try changing the launch parameters of the game. These parameters will allow the game to run on a TCP/UDP connection instead of Websocket. Follow the below steps to do so.
- STEP 1. Launch your Steam Client and head to the Game Library
- STEP 2. Locate the Monster Hunter World and right-click on it
- STEP 3. Now go to the Properties and make sure you are on the General tab
- STEP 4. Now under set launch options, put
-nofriendsui -udp OR -nofriendsui -tcp
- STEP 5. In case you are not using the steam version, right-click on the desktop shortcut of the game
- STEP 6. Go to Properties and put the parameter (in STEP 4.) beside the target field
- STEP 7. Finally, save the changes, and your issue will be fixed
5. Reduce the In-Game Matchmaking Browsing Ping
As mentioned in Monster Hunter World PC Connection Issues are caused if your internet connection is not stable enough to handle Steam’s default ping rate. Then the game might crash.
In this solution, we will reduce the ping rate to a minimum, and hopefully, your connection will easily handle it.
- STEP 1. While you are running the Steam client, head to Settings
- STEP 2. On the right, choose In-Game
- STEP 3. Now move to the bottom at the In-Game server browser: Max pings/minute
- STEP 4. Here change the default settings (Automatic (5000) to 250.
- STEP 5. Click Ok and save the changes, then launch Monster Hunter: World
6. Forward Some Ports In Your Router
This solution is from Capcom itself; in this method, we will manually forward some ports, and hopefully, the Monster Hunter World PC Connection Issues will be fixed.
You have to configure the router, and you can go through the step to get an idea. Below are the generic steps to forward ports.
- STEP 1. Open up Command and window and enter the below command
- STEP 2. In the Ethernet adapter, details check the Default Gateway of your connected internet network and copy it
- STEP 3. Open up your browser and enter the copied IP address
- STEP 4. Now login to your Router settings by entering the credentials
- STEP 5. Now note down your system IP,
- FOR PC: Follow STEP 1. And note down IP besides the IPV4
- FOR XBOX: Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings
- FOR PS4: Go to Settings > Network > View Connection Status
- STEP 6. Once you have the IP address of the device that is running Monster Hunter
- STEP 7.Head to the router settings and locate Port Forwarding (or Forwarding) setting
- STEP 8. Now put these depending on the device you are using to play monster hunt world
TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037 UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
TCP: 1935,3478-3480 UDP: 3074,3478-3479
TCP: 3074 UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
- STEP 9. Once done, save the changes, and your issue will be fixed
The above guide gives you the solutions to fix Monster Hunter World PC Connection Issues. We have gone through various causes of this issue as well.
We hope that by following this guide, your issue will be fixed. For more guides on gaming and other game stuff, follow us. Thank you!