If you are new to Steam and do not know How to Steam Change Email, then this guide has everything covered for you. Usually, people look for changing their password or resetting their account password. Changing email is quite uncommon. The chances are that your current email account is unusable, expired, or filled with spam. Maybe you are shifting to some other email services. Regardless of what the reason is below guide can help you change your email address very easily.
Similar to any other gaming service, during account creation, you have to give your email address. This email is of great importance because this alone piece of text can identify you as the owner of the Steam account. That is why it is used during login. Furthermore, if you forget your password, your email is the only thing that can help in recovering your password or resetting your password. Also, all your buying details like game purchases, DLC purchases, offers are received in your email.
How to Steam Change Email Very Quickly
Changing email addresses on steam is very easy. However, if you are new to it, then it can be a bit challenging. But do not worry. We have tried to cover each and every step that you will come across while changing your steam email. We have also added the steps for changing email via browser. Now let’s start with the steps on how to Steam Change Email.
Steps to Change Your Email Address Via PC Client
- STEP 1. While you are on your Desktop, go to the Start menu and from there, open the Steam Client
- STEP 2. Once the Steam client is opened up, make sure to login with your account
- STEP 3. Once you are logged in, on the top-right menu bar, click on Steam
- STEP 4. Immediately a drop-down menu will appear; from the context menu, choose Settings
**NOTE: In case you are on the Macchoose Preferences from the Context menu.
- STEP 5. Now that you are on the Settings page make sure that the Account tab is selected on the left
- STEP 6. Now head to the right, and at the bottom, you will see a button that says Change Contact Email Address; click on the button
- STEP 7. Now just for verification purposes, you will be asked to choose among two options
**NOTE: These options vary according to the users; if you have given your Phone number, use the Phone verification. In case you have access to your existing mail id, use that option. If you do not have access to it, then you will be asked to answer some questions. If the answers are correct, you can change your Email address.
- STEP 8. After you have verified yourself, enter your new Email address and click on Change Email
- STEP 9. Right after that, Steam wants you to verify the new email address that you have in the above step
- STEP 10. Enter the code sent your new email id and hit the Confirm Email Change button
By the end of STEP 10. You will have successfully changed your Email address.
Steps to Change Your Email Address Via Browser
In case you currently do not have a PC that has the steam client installed. Well, you can either use your smartphone or tablet to change your Steam email address. Simply follow the below steps.
- STEP 1. Open up the web browser and head to the Steam official website
- STEP 2. Now click on the Login button and enter your credentials
- STEP 3. After logging in, you have to go settings
- STEP 4. Once you are in the settings, similar to the PC client, you will see the option to change your email address
- STEP 5. After clicking on it, you will be asked for two ways to verify yourself
- STEP 6. Go with the suitable way and verify yourself
- STEP 7. After verifying you can enter the new email, and your email will be changed
In the above guide, we have seen step by step How to Steam Change Email addresses. As you can see from the above guide changing the email in steam is pretty easy, and the entire process can be done in a minute or two.
If you want to read more articles like this, follow us. Thank you!