GTA is one of those games, no matter how much you play this you just can’t get enough of it. Hardly any person will be there who haven’t heard about this game. With its vast map, collection of weapon, and compelling story. The game is famous in every part of the world. The game since the start has always been commercially and critically successful. Aside from the praise. Recently a lot of users have been facing issues with GTA 5. Users have reported that every time they launch the game, the game crashes with an error saying Failed to connect to the rockstar games library service also called Grand Theft Auto V Launcher Stopped Working Error. In this troubleshooting guide, we will see its possible causes and possible solutions.
Causes of Failed To Connect To The Rockstar Games Library Service Error
Users who had this issue have different scenarios or we can say the causes behind this issue. Users have reported that the error occurs because of an outdated social club application. Corrupted game files or may be missing game files is the possible cause of this issue. Issues with DirectX, outdated sound drivers and steam are also possible causes.
- Outdated The social club application
- Corrupted or missing game files
- Issues with DirectX, Sound drivers, and Steam
Similar Types of Failed To Connect To The Rockstar Games Library Service Error
- Rockstar social club
- Unable to connect to rockstar game services 2020
- Rockstar could not establish a connection
- Rockstar games launcher
- Unable to connect to rockstar game services rdr2
- Rockstar games launcher offline mode
- Rockstar online sign-in failed
- Rockstar games launcher code 209
- Social club services
- Updating rockstar games launcher
How to Fix Failed To Connect To The Rockstar Games Library Service Error
Now let’s see what are the way by which you can fix this Error.
1. Basic Troubleshooting Points
- Make sure the Firewall is Disabled
- Any type of game boosting application must be disabled
- Sound driver and Graphics driver must be updated
- Don’t use Steam Beta Account
2. Re-Install the Social Club Application
Our first method is to reinstall the social club application. The app may seem unconnected to the Failed To Connect To The Rockstar Games Library Service rdr2 error, but some services run in the background. And if there are any issues with the club application it might reflect as the error. Follow the below steps to reinstall the app.
- STEP 1. In the Start menu, type Run and then hit Enter
- STEP 2. Once the Run window is on the screen, simply type appwiz.cpl, then hit Enter
- STEP 3. Locate Rockstar Games Social Club app
- STEP 4. Now right-click on it and Uninstall
- STEP 5. Now, head to the below location and delete folder related to Social club application
C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games
- STEP 6. Open up the browser and visit this link, download the application, and then install it
- STEP 7. After installation, it is recommended to reboot the system
3. Run the Game in Compatibility Mode
There are fair chances that the error is occurring because you are running the game without Administrator rights. Also, some users claim that the Failed To Connect To The Rockstar Games Library Service 2020 error can be resolved by running the game with windows 7 compatibility. Follow the steps for easy understanding.
- STEP 1. On the Desktop Right-click on Steam shortcut or the game shortcut
- STEP 2. From the menu, click on the open file location
- STEP 3. Locate the launcher file, Steam.exe for steam users, GTA.exe for other
- STEP 4. Now right click on the launcher file, go to Properties then click on the Compatibility tab
- STEP 5. Now tick on Run this program in compatibility mode for
- STEP 6. From the Dropdown menu choose Windows 7
- STEP 7. While you are in the Properties window it is recommended that you also tick on Run this program as an administrator option
- STEP 8. Once done try running Steam again
4. Checking Integrity of Game Files (Steam Users Only)
Use this method if you still having the Failed To Connect To The Rockstar Games Library Service rdr2 pc issue.
- STEP 1. Open up Steam and locate GTA 5 in library
- STEP 2. Once you find the game open its properties
- STEP 3. Now go to the Local Files tab
- STEP 4. Below click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache
- STEP 5. Once done try Playing the game
5. Tweaking DirectX Value
Some users have fixed the Failed To Connect To The Rockstar Games Library Service 2020 issue by tweaking the DirectX value. Follow the steps to do it.
- STEP 1. Go to the Documents folder
- STEP 2. Locate the Rockstar Games Folder > GTA V folder
- STEP 3. Now locate settings.xml, Right-click the file and Open with Notepad
- STEP 4. Locate the line DX_Version, once you find it change the value from 2 to 1
- STEP 5. Finally, save the changes, if the error persists change the value to 0
In the above guide, we have given all the methods to fix Failed To Connect To The Rockstar Games Library Service Error. We hope you fix your issue.
For more guide and tips follow us. Thank you!