Borderland series has its fair share of fans; with every new installment, the series gets better and better. But when it comes to choosing anyone in the series, Borderlands 3 surely takes the spot, no doubt. If you plan to install this game on your PC well, you will have a great experience. If you are concerned about whether the game can run on your PC, then this Borderlands 3 Minimum Specs guide can answer all your queries.
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Genre(s)||Action role-playing, first-person shooter|
Borderlands 3 Minimum Specs & How to Improve Game Performance
Now let’s go through all the details that you have been looking for Borderlands 3 Minimum Specs. The game, as of 2021 standards, is pretty tame if we compare it with some games that are quite similar to it, like Destiny, Fallout, Outer Worlds, Gears, and Monstre Hunter. But somehow, this game creates a connection through its small but unique gaming style. With that in mind, let’s see if your PC can run the game.
Minimum Specification Details
CPU: Let’s begin with the processor according to the minimum system requirements; the game can easily be installed and run on AMD FX-8350 or Intel i5-3570 or above processor. AMD FX-8350 and Intel i5-3570 are processors dating back to 2012. Almost 8-9 years old, which is a good thing as most of us do not have a PC/ System that is running this old processor. Even if your system is 5-6 years old, you can run the game without any issues whatsoever.
GPU: The main thing that concerns the user is the graphics processor. Since we are talking about the minimum specs, the game can run on integrated graphics. Intel and AMD integrated graphics will be able to run the game. However, the minimum graphics requirement according to the game is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 / AMD Radeon HD 7970 or above. Again we are talking GPUs that are 9 years old. Nowadays, most PC builds and Laptops come with capable GPU, and if your system is even 4-5 years old, then also the game can easily run on your system hardware.
RAM: Apart from CPU and GPU, another important thing to look for is the RAM requirements of the game. The issue with 9-10-year-old hardware is that it can easily run on 2-4 GB of RAM. However, games like Borderlands take a lot of memory resources, and you need a minimum of 6 GB of RAM. In case your system does not have 6GB of RAM, it is suggested that you install 6 GB RAM.
OS: Operating system is one of the least things a user cares about; almost all of us are on Windows 8.1 or 10. Even if you are on windows 7, it is fine. The main thing that needs to be kept in mind is that if your system is running windows 7 or windows 8 make sure that it is 64-bit. As the game will not run on a 32-bit system.
|Operating System||Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)|
|CPU||AMD FX-8350 or Intel i5-3570|
|RAM||6 GB RAM|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 / AMD Radeon HD 7970|
|Network Connection||Broadband Internet connection|
Tips to Get a Better Performance & Smooth Gameplay on Fortnite
- Graphics API: DirectX 11: So make sure that your DirectX 11 is chosen while installing the game. The game works with DX12 as well but might not be as stable.
- Display Mode to Full Screen: It is suggested for a better immersive experience, always set the full screen instead of windowed mode.
- Vertical Sync to OFF: Ensure this setting has been turned off; it can cause input lag.
- Limit Frame Rate to Unlimited: So, the frame is what makes all the difference. The better the frames you get, the smoother the game experience will be. So be sure to set it to unlimited.
- Anti-Aliasing to FXAA: Instead of reducing the anti-aliasing to almost none, we suggest that you set it to FXAA, and do not worry. It will not impact your performance negatively.
Now Put the settings mentioned below.
- Settings to Turn completely off: FidelityFX Sharpening: Off
- Camera Motion Blur: Off
- Object Motion Blur: Off
- Graphics Quality: Medium
- Texture Streaming: Medium
- Anisotropic Filtering: 4x
- Shadows: Low
- Material Quality: Low or Medium
- Draw Distance: High or Ultra
- Environment Texture Detail: medium
- Environment Detail: Low or Medium
- Terrain Detail: High
- Foliage Detail: Low
- Character Texture Detail: Medium
- Character Detail: Medium
- Ambient Occlusion: Low
- Volumetric Fog: Off
- Screen Space Reflections: Medium
The above guide explains pretty much every detail regarding the Borderlands 3 Minimum Specs for your PC. You can finally figure out whether the game is playable or not.
For more similar guides, make sure to follow us. Thank you!