Username in an account is a very important part, and it is the username through which you log in to your account and access it. It plays a very important role, especially in finding you on Twitch. Simply typing your name could show hundreds of people. However, a username is unique to you; that is why it becomes way easy to find you. If you gain a good reputation, then the username becomes your identity. Changing your username is surely a big decision to make. Since you are on this guide, the chances are that you are just getting started with Twitch. No matter what reasons may be here in this guide, we will look forward to your query on how to change twitch username. We will give you all the steps in this process, along with some of the important things that you must know before you change your username.
Things to Know Before Changing Twitch Username
Changing your username is a big decision. It will affect your profile for sure. Here are some key things that you must go through before you actually proceed to change your username.
1. Your URL will be Changed
So the very first thing that will be affected as soon as you change your username is your URL. The old URL will certainly get invalid, and depending upon what you choose your username, a new URL will be created. If you are wondering if entering the old URL will redirect to the new URL, well, that is not going to happen.
2. Revenue from the AD Might Get Delayed
So the next situation that may or may not take place is the delay in revenue that you generated through the ads. Especially the day on which you will change your username. Those who are partners might not get affected by this.
3. 60 Days Time Gap
Once you have changed your username then from the date you have changed to the next 50 days, there is no way you will change it again. If you want to change your username, you have to wait for 60 days for sure.
4. You will Not be Escaped from Bans or Timeouts
A really important point if this is the reason you are changing your username. There is no way you will be able to escape from the channels that banned your timeout.
5. Not be able to Restore your Old Username
So this particular point is also important; if you have decided to go back to your old username, you might get it back after the 60 days period. However, if six months have been passed and you decide to change your username to the old one, then the chances are pretty low because the username will be recycled by Twitch. Here one thing to notice is that Partner names cannot be recycled.
Methods & Steps: How to Change Twitch Username
Now that you know pretty much all the important and major rules regarding the twitch username. We can now proceed to the process on How to Change Twitch Username. Below we have provided all the steps that you will come across during the username changing process. You can change your twitch username directly from the Desktop client and through the website.
How to Change Twitch Username: Twitch Desktop Client
In this section, we will cover the step to change the twitch username through the Desktop client. Follow the steps now.
- STEP 1. First of all, run the Twitch Desktop application, make sure you are logged in
- STEP 2. Now click on your Profile icon, and from the drop-down menu, click on Settings
- STEP 3. In settings, you will see several tabs here. Click on the Profile tab.
- STEP 4. Under the Profile tab, you will see your current username, and on the right, an edit icon
- STEP 5. Click on the edit icon, and it might ask you to enter your password
- STEP 6. After that, enter your desired username and apply the changes
How to Change Twitch Username: Twitch Official Website
If you have not installed the client, the username can also be changed from the Twitch official website. Follow the steps to do so.
- STEP 1. Open up the browser application, and visit the official twitch website
- STEP 2. Once you are on the homepage, click on the Login button on the top right
- STEP 3. Once you have logged in, click on the profile icon, and from the drop-down menu, select Settings
- STEP 4. Here, by default, you will enter in the Profile tab; if not, select the Profile tab
- STEP 5. Under the profile tab, you will find your current Twitch username
- STEP 6. On the right, click on the Edit icon and enter your new username
- STEP 7. A popup will appear. Click Update to apply the changes
How to Change Twitch Username: Mobile
In case you currently do not have access to your PC and want to change your username urgently, then you can also use your smartphone for the same. Follow the steps to see how to do it.
- STEP 1. Head to the main menu of your mobile
- STEP 2. Now open up the Chrome browser
- STEP 3. Open the Twitch official website
- STEP 4. Once the website is opened, open the Chrome menu using the 3-Dots button
- STEP 5. From here, scroll down and select Desktop site
- STEP 6. Now follow the STEPS 1-7 from the above method
In the above guide, we have seen three methods on How to Change Twitch Username. You can choose anyway, and your query will be resolved.
For more guides like this, follow us. Thank you!