The signup process is quite a boring process, no matter whether it is a game, app, or website. We fill in the details without giving too much thought, especially the Name in games. Later on, when our profile gets existence, we realize that the name is not too appropriate or it is not that cool or nice. A similar scenario occurs for a lot of users who play Fortnite. Not only new Users but some experienced users are also unaware of the procedure on How to Change your Name on Fortnite. In this guide, you will get a step-by-step How to Change your Name on Fortnite guide on changing your Fortnite name easily.
Important Things to Know
Before you proceed directly onto the How to Change your Name on Fortnite steps, you just need to know a few important things, which are as follows.
- When it comes to the name change, you can only change your name every two weeks.
- There are no limits regarding how many times you can change the name. So that means you can change your name as many times as you want.
- If you are a PC user and using the Epic Games Launcher, then it is free to change your name.
- If you are playing Fortnite on a console, then you need to change your Gamertag
Ways How to Change your Name on Fortnite
Now let’s proceed to all the possible ways by which you can get to know How to Change your Name on Fortnite.
1. How to Change your Name on Fortnite using the Epic Client
In this section, you will learn the steps to easily How to Change your Name on Fortnite to something different as per your desire. The process is fairly easy and can be done within a minute or two.
You do not have to make changes to the game. All the changes that are required will be done by the client. Once the changes are made, they will be reflected on Fortnite as well. Now let us go through all the required How to Change your Name on Fortnite steps.
- STEP 1. Let’s begin; first of all, open up the Epic client on your PC
- STEP 2. Once the client is launched successfully, at the bottom left of the client, click on your Profile icon
- STEP 3. Clicking on the Profile icon will present a bunch of options; there, click on Manage Account
- STEP 4. You can see that the Epic games webpage is opened up
- STEP 5. Here you need to log in with your account, so enter your credential and login
- STEP 6. Once you are logged in, on the top right of the page, hover over your Profile
- STEP 7. Here click on Account, and a new webpage will open up with your Account details
- STEP 8. Now you can see that the field is not editable
- STEP 9. You have to click on the blue icon beside your username
- STEP 10. A small pop will appear, type the new username that you want, then enter it again to confirm
- STEP 11. Make sure to tick on the conformation and finally click on Confirm button
- STEP 12. Now you can see that your Display name has now been updated
Log out from the browser and enjoy playing Fortnite with the new username.
2. How to Change your Name on Fortnite using the Epic Website
In case you do not have access to your epic client and wondering how you can change the Fortnite username, the good website allows you to do that. Follow the How to Change your Name on Fortnite steps to see how it is done.
- STEP 1. Once your PC or laptop is up and running, head to the start menu and launch the web browser
- STEP 2. Click on this link to visit the official Epic website
- STEP 3. Once the website is completely opened up, on the top right of the page, you can see the Sign-in option click on it
- STEP 4. You will be redirected to a new page; log in to your epic account; here, choose the suitable way
- STEP 5. Once you are logged in, on the top right of the page, hover on your username
- STEP 6. Click on the Account option, and now a new page will open up
- STEP 7. To change your username, you have to click on the blue icon beside your current username
- STEP 8. Now the box will be editable click on it, and a pop will appear, enter the new username of your choice, then confirm it
- STEP 9. After the confirmation, make sure that you ticked the consent that you can’t change your username for about two weeks
- STEP 10. Finally, click on the Change button in blue, and now you can see that your username has been changed successfully
3. How to Change your Name on Fortnite Using the Smartphone
In case you are playing the game on the Smartphone and want to change your current user name, then you can follow the below-mentioned How to Change your Name on Fortnite steps.
- STEP 1. Open up the main menu of your phone and click on the browser
- STEP 2. Once the browser is opened up, tap on this link
- STEP 3. The link will open up the Epic games website; once the website is opened up
- STEP 4. On the top right of the screen, tap on the three-dot Chrome menu
- STEP 5. Among all the options you have to look for View Desktop Version, tap on it
- STEP 6. Now follow the STEP 3- 10 from the above How to Change your Name on Fortnite method
4. How to Change your Name on Fortnite On Xbox
In case you are playing Fortnite on your Xbox, then the process is different than the above methods. Here you have to make changes in your Gamertag, and then it will be reflected on Fortnite. Follow the How to Change your Name on Fortnite steps below to see how it is done.
- STEP 1. Once the Xbox is up and running and you are on the main menu, Use your controller and press the Xbox button
- STEP 2. Now using the controller, click on the current Gamertag
- STEP 3. It will show up a bunch of options; here, make sure to click on My Profile
- STEP 4. Now on the left, click on the Customize profile option
- STEP 5. Now you can change the Gamertag, put your desired gamer tag and press the enter
- STEP 6. You might get asked for confirmation. Make sure to click on yes
- STEP 7. Once done, your Gamertag will be updated, and ultimately, your Fortnite username will be changed
5. How to Change your Name on Fortnite on PS4
If you are using the PS4 console to play Fortnite, then you have to make changes to the PSN Name. Use the below How to Change your Name on Fortnite steps to see how it is done.
- STEP 1. Once your PS4 is up and running, head to Settings > Account Management
- STEP 2. Under Account management, go to the Account information
- STEP 3. Now scroll down to Profile click on it, and under Profile click on Online id
- STEP 4. You might be asked for some confirmation, and all click on I accept
- STEP 5. In the end, you will see an empty field where you need to enter your new PSN
- STEP 6. Once entered, confirm it, and your new PSN is saved. It will reflect in Fortnite as well
There are several ways by which you can get to know How to Change your Name on Fortnite. All of the ways have been demonstrated step by step. In addition to that, there are some important things as well which are covered at the beginning of the How to Change your Name on Fortnite guide.
Hopefully, by now, all your How to Change your Name on Fortnite queries are clear. If you enjoy reading this How to Change your Name on Fortnite article then please share it with others as well. Thank you!