Whether you are in the middle of battling someone in a video game or finishing off the drawing, some experience becomes great, along with friends. Twitch has already had the screen sharing feature for a very long time. Now Discord has also made it available, and you can now share your screen and show all that is going on your desktop. Share your real-time experience with your friends, teach them your skill, and much more. If you are new to discord and want to learn How to Share Screen on Discord, this guide is covered for you.
(Steps) How to Share Screen on Discord for Both PC & Mobile
Now let’s go through all the configuration and prerequisite settings that you need to go through and understand How to Share Screen on Discord.
How to Share Screen on Discord on Desktop
In this section, you will get to know almost every piece of information you require to screen share on discord.
Voice And Video Settings
Before jumping onto screen share, it is recommended that you first go through the Voice and Video settings. You can configure the suitable settings and finally start the screen share.
- STEP 1. Considering you are on the main dashboard of your Discord; on the bottom left, click on the Settings icon
- STEP 2. Once you are on the Main settings windows; on the left under the App settings, click on Voice and Video
In the voice settings, you can configure many options, for example, the input device like a mic and headphones. You can also enable the push-to-talk functionality as well. Simply go through the steps to see it.
- STEP 1. Now on the left, you can access all the settings related to voice and video, which can be tuned to your liking
- STEP 2. Beginning from the Input and Output Devices under Voice Settings; in the input device, you can choose your microphone
- STEP 3. When it comes to the output, usually speaker and headphones are the most used, so choose accordingly
- STEP 4. Now below, you can adjust the volume; to check the final result, click on the Let’s check button
- STEP 5. There is also a push-to-talk feature; this feature allows your voice to be heard only when you press a certain button and speak
You can adjust the webcam configuration in the Video Settings by choosing the default webcam device, etc.
- STEP 1. Under the video settings, you can choose your default webcam device
- STEP 2. To preview if everything is right on the right click on Test Video
- STEP 3. Just below, you find the Advanced section, which is of very importance
- STEP 4. Here it is suggested that you enable all three toggles for a smoother and good experience
Steps To Sharing Screen
Now that you have finalized all the voice and video settings, you are now ready to share your screen with your friends. Follow the below steps to begin the screen sharing.
- STEP 1. To begin the screen sharing on a voice chat; on the left click on the chat
- STEP 2. At the bottom, next to your username, you will see two buttons Video and Screen
- STEP 3. Once you click on Screen, you will see a new window opens up
- STEP 4. Here you will be presented with two options. The first is to share only the application window of your choice
- STEP 5. The second option enabled the entire desktop view; after choosing the option, you will see a couple of more options
- STEP 6. Here you can adjust a few more settings related to Resolution and Frame rate
- STEP 7. Once selected, click on Go live; now, you can see a small window preview on the right
Ending the Screen Sharing
If you are done with the screen sharing, you can end it by following the below-given steps.
- STEP 1. To stop the screen sharing, there is nothing much to do
- STEP 2. Head to the preview window and click on the settings icon
- STEP 3. Here you can see the option for Stop Sharing; click on it, and the sharing will be stopped
How to Share Screen on Discord Mobile
The screen share functionality is not just limited to PC users; you can also take advantage of this feature on your Discord mobile app. Follow the below steps to see how you can enable the screen share on your mobile device.
- STEP 1. Launch the Discord app on your phone; once the app is opened up
- STEP 2. Click on the hamburger menu on the top left; join the voice or video chat
- STEP 3. Now you will see the video icon on the right tap on it
- STEP 4. Once the call window opens up; tap on the screen share icon on the bottom
- STEP 5. As soon as you tap the icon, you might get asked to start castings, so make sure to tap on the Start now
- STEP 6. Once you do that, you will start streaming your mobile screen
Screen sharing is a great feature to engage more with your friends and have fun. In this guide, we have demonstrated to you all the steps on How to Share Screen on Discord.
Hopefully, by now, you know how this feature works. Thank you!