Using a laptop as your screen to view the gameplay is quite an uncommon query; chances are that your TV is not working properly. Waiting for it to fix can take several days, but you can not wait to finish your game. But you have no idea How to use Laptop As Monitor for PS4. This guide is all you need if you are also going through a similar situation.
How to Use Laptop as Monitor for PS4
To understand how to use Laptop as monitor for PS4 below, we have given you two of very common ways. In the first method, we will demonstrate the method by using the capture card, while the second method uses the remote play application.
How to use Laptop as Monitor for PS4 using the Capture Card
So the first way most users prefer is using the capture card to stream the game onto their Laptop Monitor. Before proceeding with this method, you will need some things, which are given below.
Things You Need
- HDMI Cable
- Capture Card
- Laptop With USB C Port
- USB A TO USB C cable
- USB A TO USB B cable
- OBS Studio Freeware Program
Once you have all the abovementioned resources, you can now follow the steps below.
- STEP 1. Make sure the Laptop is Turned on
**NOTE: The Output portion of the Capture card will be connected to the Laptop and the Input portion will be connected to the Console.
- STEP 2. Take the USB A to B cable and connect the Capture Card to the Laptop for Power (USB B will be connected to the Capture Card, and USB A will be connected to the Laptop)
- STEP 3. Take the HDMI cable and connect it to the Capture Card, now connect the other end to the output port of your Console
- STEP 4. Now take the USB A to USB C cable and connect the USB A to capture card and USB C to your Laptop
- STEP 5. Now go to the Start menu of your PC and open up the Web browser
- STEP 6. Now search for the OBS studio program and download it to your system
- STEP 7. Once downloaded, install the Program
- STEP 8. After OSB studio is installed, run the program; once the program opens up
- STEP 9. At the bottom, under the scene, click on the + icon
- STEP 10, just beside you, will see the Source window. Click on the + icon and choose Capture Device and select your Capture Card
- STEP 11. Now head to the Program window and set it to full screen, now enjoy PS games on your laptop monitor
How to use Laptop as Monitor for PS4 using the Remote Play
So this method uses the Remote Play application to display the PS4 screen on your laptop screen. You will find all the steps of downloading, installing, and how to use it.
Downloading and Installing Remote Play
- STEP 1. While you are on the Desktop window, launch the Web browser
- STEP 2. Once the web browser is opened up, simply search Playstation Remote Play and choose the first link or directly open the website by clicking here
- STEP 2. Once you are on the Playstation Remote Play website, scroll down to the bottom and click on the link mentioned in the Picture below
- STEP 3. Again scroll down a little, and here click on the Download link for your desired OS, for instance here, we will be downloading the Windows version
- STEP 4. Within a second, the executable file of PS Remote play will be downloaded to your PC
- STEP 5. Head to the file and double-click to begin the installation process, follow the onscreen instructions and install the program
- STEP 6. Now open up the application
Getting Started With Remote Play
- STEP 1. Once the program opens up; at the bottom left, click on the Settings button
- STEP 2. Under the Resolution from the drop-down menu, choose 1080P
- STEP 3. Under the Frame rate from the drop-down menu, choose High
- STEP 4. Close the window by clicking OK
- STEP 5. Now click on Start, then click on Confirm and Continue
- STEP 6. You will now be asked to enter your login details; make sure to enter the same login detail that you are using on the Console
- STEP 7. Now connect your PS4 controller to your laptop using the USB cable
- STEP 8. Head to your PS4 main menu, scroll to the extreme right and click on Settings
- STEP 9. Now scroll down to Remote Play Connection Settings
- STEP 10. Now click on Add Device; as soon as you click on Add device, a numeric Code will be generated
- STEP 11. Memorize the Code and head to the Remote Play App on the Pc
- STEP 12. Click on Register Manually and put the Code there; now click on Next
- STEP 13. Now you can see that your PS4 screen is now live on your Laptop
You can now play your favorite games without any issues on the Laptop.
In the above guide, we have given you the steps on two of the very common methods of How to use Laptop As Monitor for PS4. Hopefully, you will now be able to play games on your laptop.
For more helpful guides like this, follow us. Thank you!