It can really be annoying if you have waited all day to play your favorite game find the Xbox Stuck on Green Screen issue. The screen does not go away no matter what you do. The issue can occur due to a recent system update, possible corruption in the system files or it can be just a temporary issue. No matter what the reason in this guide we will go over a few solutions to fix this issue.
Similar Types of Xbox Stuck on Green Screen Issues
- Xbox one stuck on green screen 2021
- Xbox series x stuck on green screen
- Xbox stuck on green screen reddit
- Xbox one stuck on green screen 2020
- Xbox stuck on black screen
- Original xbox stuck on startup screen
- How to fix green screen of death
- How to fix xbox one green screen of death without usb
How to Fix Xbox Stuck on Green Screen Problem Issue
Xbox stuck on green screen is an issue that can occur due to a lot of reasons as we have seen above. To fix this issue you can try the below-given methods. For the most users, one or the other is working. It usually depends on the root cause of the issue actually. If you do not know what might be the root cause then you can simply follow each method one after the other and see if the issue is fixed.
1. Bypass the Security Check
So a lot of users who are getting the Xbox One is stuck on the Green Loading Screen issue have confirmed that bypassing the security check has helped in getting rid of the issue. This happens when the boot sequence is stuck and the green screen is not passed. With the help of the below steps, you will jump over the security check and the green issue will be fixed.
- STEP 1. The method begins once you power on your Xbox console
- STEP 2. Once you get stuck to the green screen, power on your controller
- STEP 3. Now press and hold the Guide button on your controller until it vibrates
- STEP 4. Now press and hold the Start Menu button for around 2 seconds, followed by removing the battery from the controller.
- STEP 5. Doing this bypass integrity check and you are not stuck at the green screen
2. Perform a Hard Reset on Xbox One
Although in the majority of cases the above method is enough to fix the issue there are some users who are not helped by the above solution. In this scenario, you have to perform a hard reset on your Xbox console. Follow the below steps to do so.
- STEP 1. Here, all you need to do is to Press and hold the Power button on the console
- STEP 2. Hold the button for around 10 seconds
- STEP 3. Your system will reboot automatically
- STEP 4. If it’s through the green screen your issue is solved other wise do a factory reset
3. Perform a Factory Reset your Xbox
If doing the hard reset fails then try the factory reset it might be helpful in eliminating the issue. Below are all the required steps that you need to go through. Before you proceed to this method make sure that your console is completely turned off.
- STEP 1. Assuming that your console is turned off fully, now press and hold the binding/sync button + the eject button + power button simultaneously
- STEP 2. Hold them for around 10-15 seconds you will hear 2 beep sounds, once you hear the 2 beeps release the buttons
- STEP 3. On the screen, you will see the Troubleshoot menu and four options
- STEP 4. Among the options will be Reset this Xbox, click on this option
- STEP 5. Resetting can take some time, once the process is finished check if the issue occurs
4. Manually Do a system update
If all the above method fails to work for you then the only remaining way that is left is you have to install the system software manually. If this is not a hardware issue this method will work definitely since you are reinstalling the system software. So before jumping on to the steps you have to go through a procedure and for that, you need a few things as well.
- A USB drive minimum 8GB
- The Software File
Once you have all these three things you can follow the steps.
- STEP 1. Close your Xbox console completely, and head to the PC
- STEP 2. First of all, you have to download the system software, click on this link
- STEP 3. Once the Xbox official website will be opened up, you have to click on Perform an offline system update link and download the update file
- STEP 4. Once the update file is downloaded, plug the USB drive into the system
- STEP 5. Now right click on the USB drive and click on Format, a window will pop up
- STEP 6. Here, under the Partition type make sure to change it from FAT32 to NTFS it is necessary otherwise you can not perform the update
- STEP 7. Now hit the Start button and your drive will be formatted
- STEP 8. Now head to the download system update file, and extract the $SystemUpdate folder
- STEP 9. Move this folder into the USB drive, once moved to remove the drive
- STEP 10. Plug the USB into the console; now press the binding/sync button + eject button + power button until you hear 2 beeps
- STEP 11. You will see the Troubleshoot menu with four options
- STEP 12. Here you have to click on Offline system update, let the software installation process complete
- STEP 13. Once the process is complete you can now run the console without issue
Xbox stuck on green screen is an issue that can occur if there are issues with your system file or the system software. In the above guide, we have tried to resolve the issue using some methods which work.
For more guides on troubleshooting xbox issues follow us. Thank you!