We must say that Game sharing might be the most fantastic feature which is given with the gaming console. While Microsoft gets a lot of criticism for how it’s handled the Xbox One generation, this is one thing which allows you to Gameshare on Xbox One console which could save you money and let you play more games. Today in this article we are going to tell you all the steps on How To Gameshare Xbox One so that you can also gameshare with your friends and take advantage of this feature.
(Guide) How To Gameshare on Xbox One Easily
If you don’t know about Gameshare then it is the process of giving a friend or family member unrestricted access to your digital games, often called “gamesharing,” is surprisingly simple, but comes with some significant restrictions. For Gameshare on Xbox One, you and your friend will both need Xbox One systems and your own accounts with games that you’d like to access. In this article on How to Gameshare Xbox One, we’ll explain how you can share your Xbox One games with a friend and use a friend’s Xbox One games. Game sharing will even let you share an Xbox Live Gold account.
Steps you must Perform on your Xbox One for Gamesharing –
If you want to Gameshare on Xbox One, then you must know that you’ll need to log into their console with your Xbox Live username and password and make it your Home Console.
- First of all, press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- After that scroll left to the ‘Sign In‘ tab.
- Then click on the ‘Add new‘ option.
- Either get your friend’s Microsoft account email address or phone number plus password they use to sign in or let them sign in on your Xbox One.
- Review the privacy statement summary.
- Then select ‘Next.’
- Set your preferences.
- Now you must press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
- After that choose ‘Home‘ to return to the Home screen.
- Scroll left from Home.
- Then find and select your friend’s Gamertag.
- Now finally select ‘Sign in.’
Steps you must Perform on Friend’s Xbox One for Gamesharing –
Now your friend’s Xbox profile is on your Xbox One, but there’s one more set of steps to follow before you have successfully got their games.
- While signed in with your friend’s Xbox account.
- Now you have to press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
- After that select System.
- Then you must go to Settings.
- Now you must click on Personalization.
- Select My home Xbox.
- After doing so, you have to click on Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
Things you must know before Gamesharing on Xbox One:
- Gameshare on Xbox One works only for digital games, so physical copies aren’t affected.
- Gameshare Xbox One also shares Xbox Live Gold benefits, so you can take turns subscribing with your friend.
- Gameshare on Xbox One allows you both of you to play a shared game at the same time.
- There’s some restriction on changing the My home Xbox setting, and you can change it five times per year. This starts when you make the first change, so take care not to change it too often.
- Do not gameshare with people you don’t know. Providing someone with your account information lets them access the payment information attached to your account so that they could go on a spending rampage on the Microsoft Store. Only do this with someone you trust.
- Changing passwords does not affect gamesharing. But you just don’t change the Home Xbox setting.
Gameshare Xbox One comes with risks too, like your friend will be able to make purchases through your account on the Xbox Store, so be careful about what information you store on your account. So at the end of this article on How To Gameshare on Xbox One, we must say that you can only share your account details with a trusty friend.
If you love our work on this article on mentioning the steps on How To Gameshare on Xbox One, then you can let us know about it by commenting down below or if you want us to work on some other project then also let us know about it by doing the same.