Xbox is one of the top contenders when it comes to gaming consoles. Surely there are a couple of things that make it on the top list. Today in this How to Share Games on Xbox One article, we will be covering its one the most underrated feature “Gameshare.” We will learn how to share games on Xbox one with your family members, friends, and colleagues. Spending leisure time playing video games with loved ones surely is a delightful feeling. With some severe criticism faced by Microsoft’s Xbox, developers of the device gave their attention to making it people’s favorite. With some outstanding features like Xbox live, Game pass, and Crossplay. Xbox has managed to gain people’s trust.
What is Gameshare?
Let’s take a quick look at the gameshare feature of the Xbox. In simple terms, gameshare features allow a user to share his/her entire Xbox one game library with other users. However, there are some minimum recommended requirements. Firstly both of the users must have Xbox gaming consoles. Secondly, your own Microsoft accounts. Thirdly you can only share digital games. And this game sharing is limited to one user only. You can designate a single Xbox One system as your primary console. Another user who has signed into your console can access your entire game library you have. By switching home Xbox systems with another user, both the user gains access to each other’s game library.
(Steps) How to Share Games on Xbox One
Below is the step-by-step procedure on how to share games on Xbox One. Kindly proceed to each step carefully to avoid further errors and failures.
*NOTE: In Below Steps firstly we will make our Account Secure using Pass Key
Steps to Secure your Account on Xbox One –
In this step, we will make sure that our account and details are secure enough. This will prevent accidental buying of games. Prevent the Third-party from login using your account details.
- STEP 1. Open the Guide Menu by Pressing Xbox Button on your Controller
- STEP 2. Navigate using Joystick, to the Settings menu
- STEP 3. Press “X” on your Controller to click the settings menu
- STEP 4. In the Settings Menu, go to Account>Sign-in, security & passkey
- STEP 5. Here, select Change my sign-in & security preferences
- STEP 6. Now, Select Ask for my Passkey
Steps on How to Share Games on Xbox One –
In this step, we will get to know all the steps required to share your digital game library with your friends, family, or colleagues.
- STEP 1. Open the Guide Menu by Pressing the Xbox Button on your Controller
- STEP 2. Go to the Sign-in tab by using Left Button
- STEP 3. Now select “Add new” by pressing X Button
- STEP 4. Enter the login details of your Friend or Family, to whom you are sharing Games on Xbox One
- STEP 5. Tick all the agreements and select “I accept.”
- STEP 6. Press the Xbox button again on your controller and navigate to Sign-in tab
- STEP 7. Select the recently added account and sign in to your friend’s account
- STEP 8. Go to Guide Menu > System tab > Settings > Personalization Menu
- STEP 9. In Personalization Menu > My home Xbox > select Make this my home Xbox
With these steps, you can get access to the entire library of your friends and vice versa.
Things You Should Know Before Sharing Games:
Before sharing your game library with your friends, family members, or colleges, few things need to be kept in mind. These are some essential details that should not be missed.
- Changes in the “My Home Xbox” setting can only be done five times a year.
- You can not share your in-game achievements with your friends
- Only digital games can be played, to play disc games you will require the disk
- You can not share Games on Xbox One with more than one people
With this being the end of how to share games on Xbox one guide, we hope you will successfully Share Games on Xbox One with loved ones. We have covered all the details you need from securing your account to steps on sharing your games. Additionally, all the essential details have been mentioned that should not be missed for a better experience.
We hope this quick How to Share Games on Xbox One guide clears all your confusion on how to share games on Xbox One. If you are facing any difficulties, kindly tell us in the comments. For more guides, tips, and reviews like this do follow us. If you want us to write on some other gaming consoles mention in the comments.