Deleting your Epic games account is a big step. Chances are that you already have two or more epic games accounts, or maybe you are spending too much time playing Fortnite, and it is affecting your personal life. Regardless of what the reason might be, Epic has made the process of account deletion very easy. This guide will teach you how to Delete Epic Games Account. But before you head straight to deleting your account, you must know a few things that are discussed below.
After Effects of Deleting Your Epic Games Account
There are certain things that will happen once you delete your Epic games account. All these things must be considered before you jump on deleting your account. For starters, all of your game data, including the progress, purchases, and DLCs, will be completely deleted. You will completely lose access to games that are bought from the Epic games like Fortnite. All your friend lists will be gone that are specific to the account.
How to Delete Epic Games Account Very Easily
Now that you know all the nitty-gritty details about the effects of deleting your account. If you are still adamant regarding your decision about deleting your account, then in this section, you will know How to Delete Epic Games Account within a few steps.
Furthermore, the guide has also covered the steps to reactivate your Epic Games account if you change your mind.
You will need an active internet connection and PC to delete the account.
Steps: How to Delete Epic Games Account Using PC
- STEP 1. Once you have started your PC and you are on the Dekstop, open up the web browser
- STEP 2. Once the browser is loaded completely, head to the Epic official website, or you can click here to directly visit the page
- STEP 3. When the webpage is loaded fully, on the top right of the page, you can see the Sign-in button; click on it
- STEP 4. Once you click on sign in, you will be redirected to the login page; here, you can see a long list of all the ways to log in
- STEP 5. Choose your suitable mode of login that you usually do
- STEP 6. Once you are logged in, you will be on the main dashboard of your Epic Games account; hover over your account name
- STEP 7. Once you hover, you will be able to see a drop-down menu. Click on Account
- STEP 8. Once the Account page is loaded completely, it will look like the below picture
- STEP 9. Now scroll down to the bottom until you see the section Delete Account
- STEP 10. Here you have to click on Request Account Delete; you will be asked to verify; for that, you have to enter the verification code sent to your email
- STEP 11. Enter the code into the confirmation box, and finally, click on Confirm delete request
After a few seconds, you’ll be automatically logged out of your account. The account will take around 14 days to completely disappear.
As you know, it takes time to completely delete your account, and within that time, if you wish to reactivate it, follow the below method.
Steps: How to Delete Epic Games Account Using Smartphone
If you do not have access to your PC currently, then you can also use your smartphone to delete the epic game account. The steps are pretty much the same as above. You just need to take a few steps more. Your account deletion request will be sent by the end of the last step.
- STEP 1. Head to the main menu and there open the Chrome browser
- STEP 2. Now visit the Epic Games official website
- STEP 3. Once you are on the main page of Epic games, tap on the 3-Dot menu of chrome
- STEP 4. Scroll down and tap on the Desktop site checkbox
- STEP 5. Now simply follow the STEPS 3-11 from above
How to Reactivate your Epic Games Account
So you have changed your mind and want to cancel the Epic games account deletion request. Well, the process is pretty simple. Just follow the below steps and your account will be restored in no time.
- STEP 1. Open up your Web browser and visit the epic games website
- STEP 2. Now click on the Login button located on the top right
- STEP 3. Enter your login detail; as soon as you enter the details, you will see a popup as in the image below
- STEP 4. All you need to do is simply click on Reactivate Account
After you click on the Reactivate account button, your account will be restored completely, and the request for your account deletion will be discarded.
This guide is very detailed and covers all the steps required to understand how to delete Epic Games account. We have also added the steps to reactive your account if you change your mind.
Hopefully, your query has now been resolved. Thank you!