OBS, a.k.a Open Broadcaster Software, is a fantastic video and audio recording program that is available to users. The program features a plethora of features and options to choose from. So let’s check out everything about this Update OBS guide from here. Furthermore, the developers are also very active and supportive by keeping the program up to date by dropping updates every now and then. However, there is one area where the users struggle, which is updating the application. Unlike the majority of the program in the market, OBS does not get automatically updated. And users have no clue about the manual update process. This is where this how-to update obs guide comes into action; in this guide, you will get to understand a few ways to keep your OBS program up to date and enjoy all the new features and improvements.
A Closer Look at the OBS Studio
OBS is a program that is loved by a large count of people, users who like to stream, create video tutorials, and guide videos use this program. Apart from the video stuff, it is a great audio recorder as well. The program is feature-rich. In fact, there are a lot of programs that are paid and could not even compete with OBS.
There are a lot of factors that make it the top choice of users. First of all, it is a very light program the overall size of the program is around 72 MB. Secondly, the availability of program is available for multiple OSs as of now, and it works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. This cross platforms thing helps a lot, especially if you are shifting to a new OS, and you do not have to waste your time learning another program. Lastly, one of the greatest things about this program is the constant support from developers without paying a single penny.
How to Update OBS Studio Very Easily & Quickly
To answer your query on How to update obs below, we have covered two unique ways. Since the program does not automatically download and update itself, we have to update the program manually by ourselves. But do not worry, the process is relatively very easy to understand. Use any of the methods demonstrated below, and you will be able to Update OBS program to the latest version.
1. Using the Program Itself
In this method, we will see the steps to Update OBS from the program itself manually. Many users do not know that the program itself has the option to Update OBS. All you need to do is head to the option and click on it. The program will then automatically update itself.
- STEP 1. Open the OBS program first, and you can do this by going into the start menu and searching OBS. Alternatively, double-click on the desktop shortcut.
- STEP 2. Once the program is opened up and loaded completely, on the top, you will see menubar; click on the Help menu
- STEP 3. Once you click on the Help, a drop-down menu will pop up there, and you have to click on Check for updates
**NOTE: Here make sure that your PC is connected to the internet, otherwise, it will fail to check for the update and ultimately the new update will not download.
- STEP 4. Once you click on check for update, a small window appears containing the changelog for the new update.
**NOTE: The changelog contains all the information related to the bug fixes, improvements, and features.
- STEP 5. At the bottom of the changelog window, click on the Update OBS now button, and shortly progress will show up
- STEP 6. You can track updates with the progress bar and once the update is finished, make sure you restart your system
2. Updated Version Over Existing Version Using Installer
Although the above Update OBS method is the recommended method to Update OBS program, it requires an active internet connection. If you do not have an active internet connection on the PC you are updating, this Update OBS method will work just fine.
- STEP 1. So to make this Update OBS method work, you have to download the latest version of OBS from the official website
- STEP 2. So open up your web browser and click on this link to open the official download page
- STEP 3. You will have three options to choose from depending upon your OS, so if your PC is windows, click on the icon Windows
- STEP 4. Once you click on windows shorty after the installer file will be downloaded to your PC
- STEP 5. Now head to the download location, and there you will find the installer file
- STEP 6. To install the program, you just have to double-click and then follow the instructions
- STEP 7. Once the program is installed, restart your system, and you will have the Update version of OBS running on your system
Hopefully, by now, your query on how to update OBS studio must have been cleared. The Update OBS process of updating is fairly very easy.
For more guides on games & like this Update OBS, follow us. Thank you!