Discord is a mainstream social media platform, making it a suite full of features. If you are using Discord, you already know that you can create your server and create your very own community of like-minded people. One thing that you can instantly do to give your server fun and a chill vibe is to add a music bot. A good song or music can keep the community engaged and make the talks more fun. If you are new and do not know How to Add Music Bot to Discord, well this guide can help you solve your problem easily.
How to Add Music Bot to Discord Server through PC & Mobile
Considering that you have selected your desired bot, we can now get started with the steps on how to add music bot to Discord and begin playing music. For this How to Add Music Bot to Discord guide and to demonstrate to you, we will be taking two of the famous music bots as an example.
The two music bots are Rhythm and Fred; the How to Add Music Bot to Discord guide covers the installation of the bot both through the desktop and your smartphone. Remember that the process is similar no matter which music bot you choose.
How to Add Music Bot to Discord Server (PC)
In this section, you will learn the How to Add Music Bot to Discord steps for installing the Octave bot on your PC. All you need to do is simply follow the steps, and by the end of the last How to Add Music Bot to Discord steps, you will have a successfully working music bot on your Discord. Now let’s proceed.
- STEP 1. Open the web browser and make sure that you are logged into your Discord account
- STEP 2. Once you are logged in, open a new tab and visit this link
- STEP 3. Once the website opens up; on the main page, you will see a blue button that says invite the bot; click on it
- STEP 4. After you click on the button, you will see the option of adding the bot
- STEP 5. Under the Add bot to Server, you will see the drop-down menu; here, you need to choose the discord server on which you want the Octave bot to be added
- STEP 6. Select the server and click on Continue, and the bot will be added to your server
**NOTE: For the best possible experience, make sure that you assign
the Administrator permission to the Octave bot on your server.
It will make it very easy for the bot to play music and do other tasks.
- STEP 6. Now head to the channel you have added the bot, and there you can see that the bot has been added
- STEP 7. Now you can use the command to operate the bot and play music
Useful Commands Of Octave Bot
|Joins and plays music on a channel
|Connects or moves the bot to a voice channel.
|Stream random songs from some radio stations.
|Disconnects the bot from the voice channel.
|Set the time marker of the music playback.
|Adds a song at the start of the queue.
|DM you the now playing message with the song URL.
|Pause the music player.
|Set the volume of the music player.
|Clear the current queue.
|Stop and clear the music player.
|Clear songs based on a specific user, duplicate, or if a user left.
|Vote to skip the current music track.
|Search and see YouTube results.
|Skips the current track.
|Resume the music queue.
|Search and see SoundCloud results.
|Remove a song from the queue.
|Set if the music player should repeat.
|Shows the lyrics of the current song.
|Resume the music player.
|_move <trackIndex> <toIndex>
|Moves tracks within the queue.
|Shows what’s currently playing.
|Applies bass boost to the music.
|Plays the Previous song.
|_filter [clear | karaoke | lowpass | status | timescale | tremolo | vibrato]
|Apply audio filters to the music, such as speed and pitch
|Shuffles the queue order around.
|Shows the current queue.
How to add music bot to discord Server (Smartphone)
If you currently do not have PC access, do not worry. You can also add the music bot through your smartphone very easily. Follow all the How to Add Music Bot to Discord steps to successfully add the bot to your server.
- STEP 1. Make sure that first, you install Discord through Playstore/Appstore, depending on your device, and log into your account
- STEP 2. Once you are logged in, let it run in the background and open up the browser
- STEP 3. Now head to the official website of your desired bot; here, we will be adding the fredbot
- STEP 4. Once the website opens up, look for the invite link/button or add a link/button
- STEP 5. Now click on the add to discord button; now you will see the below screen
- STEP 6. Here from the drop-down menu, you need to select the server to which you want to add the bot
- STEP 7. Once you have selected the server, click on the Authorize button
- STEP 8. Now head to the Discord app and open up the channel. You will see that the bot is added, and there will be a long message regarding getting started
- STEP 9. You can now begin using the commands and playing music
Useful Commands Of Fred Bot
|; play URL
|Play music from the given URL. See supported sources below.
|Search for a track on YouTube and SoundCloud.
|Display the queue of the current tracks in the playlist.
|Display the currently playing track.
|Remove the currently playing track from the queue. ;; help skip to learn how to skip more than one track
|Vote to skip the current track. Must have at least 50% of the votes.
|Stop the player and clear the playlist. Reserved for moderators.
|Pause the player.
|Resume the player.
|Make FredBoat join your current voice channel.
|Make FredBoat leave the current voice channel.
|Change the repeat mode. Run this command for more info.
|Toggle shuffle mode.
|Reshuffle the queue.
|Forward the track by the given amount of time.
|Rewind the track by the given amount of time.
|Set the position of the track to the given time.
|Restart the currently playing track.
|Show the history of recently played tracks.
|Export the current queue to hastebin.
|Set the volume
|Show advanced usage of a command
In this guide, you have seen the steps on How to add music bot to Discord. You get to learn two things from this guide. Firstly the How to Add Music Bot to Discord steps for adding bots; here, as an example, we have demonstrated Fred and Octave Bot. Secondly, you also learn to add bots on PC and Mobile.
Hopefully, this How to Add Music Bot to Discord guide has provided you with the information you were looking for. Thank you!