Steam is a great gaming platform that incorporates social media capabilities. However, it can be distracting and addictive. The chances are that you are spending too much time on games, or maybe games are taking too much of your hard disk space, or you are changing your Computer. All these are some of the common reasons behind Uninstall Steam clients. Since you are on this guide, you face difficulties uninstalling the client. But do not worry, this guide covers all the steps that are necessary to do in order to remove the program completely. The guide resolves your query on How to uninstall steam by various methods.
How to Uninstall Steam on your Windows, MAC & Smartphone
To understand the entire process of How to uninstall Steam, we have provided you with a Step by Step guide. All you have to do is simply follow the steps, and by the end, you will be able to remove the program from your device completely. Now let’s go through the steps.
How to Uninstall Steam on your Windows System
Since a majority of the users are using the windows system, let’s begin with Uninstall Steam on windows. We have received many complaints from Windows users that even after uninstalling steam, temporary files and registries are left behind.
These temporary files and registries may cause issues in the running services of the program and also when you install any other program. Now let’s proceed to all the Uninstall Steam steps that will leave a complete and clean uninstallation.
One more thing to notice here is that the Uninstall Steam steps are the same whether you are using Windows 10, 7, or 8.
- STEP 1. On the desktop, press the windows+r key simultaneously, and a small popup will appear
- STEP 2. Here all you need to do is to type Control Panel and hit Enter
- STEP 3. A new window will open up called Control Panel; on the top right, make sure that the view is set to Category
- STEP 4. Now click on the Program settings; once opened, click on Uninstall Program link
- STEP 5. You will be taken to a new window, and here you can see all your installed programs
- STEP 6. Now in the list, locate Steam; once you find it clicks on it, and at the top, click on Uninstall button
- STEP 7. Follow the on-screen uninstallation instruction by the uninstaller
- STEP 8. After the uninstallation is finished, go to the Desktop screen
- STEP 9. Now open up the Run window again by pressing the Windows+R key
- STEP 10. This time you have to type Regedit and hit enter
- STEP 11. Once the Registry window is opened, follow the below path
- STEP 12. Once you reach Valve, right-click on it and delete the registry
- STEP 13. Once you delete it is pretty much done; simply restart your system now
How to Uninstall Steam on your MAC System
The second majority that uses Steam is Mac users. Similar to windows users, there are some leftover files and folders even after you uninstall steam. With the below procedure, the steam client, along with the files, will be removed from your Mac system.
- STEP 1. Make sure that you are on the Desktop now open up the Finder window
- STEP 2. Now go through the Applications until you find the Steam client
- STEP 3. Now Right-click on the Steam client, and from the menu, click on Move To Trash or. simply drag the Steam into Trash
- STEP 4. On the Menu Bar at the top, click on Go, and from the list, click on Library
- STEP 5. For some users, the option will not appear; in that case, simply long-press the Option key and then choose Library
- STEP 6. Now that you are in the Library folder, go to Application Support > Steam
- STEP 7. Once you are on the Steam folder, simply right-click on the Steam folder and click Move To Trash.
- STEP 8. Now to finally get rid of all the leftover files and folders, all you need to do is right-click on the Trash icon and select Empty Trash
- STEP 9. Lastly, restart your Mac, and the steam will be removed entirely
How to Uninstall Steam on your Smartphone
Finally, let’s see all the Uninstall Steam steps required to remove the Steam app from your smartphone.
- STEP 1. Open up the main menu; scroll down to Settings, and tap on it
- STEP 2. Once you are in the setting, locate the Apps and Notification settings or similar
- STEP 3. Now tap on see all apps, scroll down to the Steam app, and tap on it
- STEP 4. First, tap on Clear cache and Clear Data; finally, tap on Uninstall Steam button
- STEP 5. Now simply restart your phone, and you are done
In this guide, we have seen the entire procedure on how to uninstall steam client app completely along with its files and folders. Each os has a different way of uninstallation. Hopefully, this Uninstall Steam guide is helpful to you.
For more articles like this Uninstall Steam, and follow us. Thank you!