Scorched Acres is one of the Risks of Rain 2’s major content updates. With this update, you get your hands on a unique biomechanical playable survivor called REX. It is a special character that is a combination of plant and mechanics. REX has some rather odd abilities, for example, that hurt itself by attacking and heal itself by doing damage. It is quite a fun character to play with. However, the users are facing a hard time getting their hands on this character as they do not know the Risk of Rain 2 How to Unlock REX. Similar to other unlockable characters, in order to unlock Rex, you have to complete an in-game challenge called Power Plant.
Risk of Rain 2 How to Unlock REX
Before you get started on Risk of Rain 2 How to Unlock REX, you have to complete the Power plant challenge. You have to transport equipment called the Fuel Array to Rex’s body. Apart from combating the enemies, you have to make sure that the fuel array does not get activated or the health drops below 50. Because if any one of the things happens, you will surely going to die. At first, it may sound like a very easy task to complete, but it is not. The task majorly comprises three sub-tasks.
- Carry the Fuel Array
- Make sure that damage is very minimum
- Reach Abyssal Depth
So the level starts with you spawning with your escape POD. To get the Fuel Array, you have to look at the back of your escape POD. Here the best thing would be first to defeat all the enemies and then carry the Fuel array because it will be super dangerous if you carry it and then proceed on your way. And as told earlier, also if you drop the health below 50%, a small countdown and the end of the countdown an explosion will take place which will ultimately kill you—another thing to keep in mind that avoid damage. Avoid taking a fall as it will also result in an explosion, and you will die.
You have to carry the Fuel Array all the way to the fourth level, the Abyssal Depths. As you proceed towards the top of the cave, you can find REX near rocks.
Rex Ability List
- Passive: Abilities apply WEAKEN, a debuff that reduces enemy armor, movement speed, and damage.
- Primary Fire: Fires three syringes in quick succession. The third syringe applies WEAKEN and heals REX.
- Secondary Fire: REX sacrifices its health to launch a seedpod mortar. It aims at a distant location and lands after a brief delay for huge damage.
- Mobility: Launches REX backward and shoves all nearby enemies away, and applies WEAKEN to them.
- Ultimate: REX sacrifices its health to fire a flower that PULLS all nearby enemies and ROOTS them.
In this guide, we have talked about a biomechanical character that can be useful in certain scenarios. The guide majorly talks and provides a short walkthrough on Risk of Rain 2 How to Unlock REX. The guide covers some helpful tips as well.
We hope that all your queries have been cleared. For more guides on games, follow us. Thank you!