Far Cry series is one of the most exciting series in the gaming world. You get to explore so much while saving your life from all the gangs and lord of the game. Far Cry 5 is the most recent entry in the series and has managed to gain a lot of praise. However a lot of users are facing far cry 5 not launching issues. Since you are here you are also facing the same issue. But do not worry in this guide we will cover all the solutions fix this issue easily.
Similar Types of Far Cry 5 Not Launching Issue
- Far cry 5 not launching after logo
- Far cry 5 not launching pc
- Far cry 5 not launching uplay
- Far cry 5 not launching epic games
- Far cry 5 not launching after trainer
- Far cry 5 crash on startup
- Far cry 5 not launching xbox one
- Far cry 6 not launching
How to Fix Far Cry 5 Not Launching Problem Issue Quickly
Considering that you have already tried the basic troubleshooting steps like restarting your system. You can now follow the below-given methods to fix far cry 5 not launching issue on your PC. All these methods have been found to work for most people so hopefully, you will also benefit from them.
1. Disable the Antivirus
Probably one of the most common reasons behind the issue is your active antivirus. For some reason antivirus prevents the game from opening up, there are many applications and games that fail to run when antivirus is active. So the only way to get rid of the issue is to disable your antivirus when you run the game.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start menu and open up your Antivirus
- STEP 2. Once opened disable; once disabled try running the game
2. Run Game as Administrator
The second most common reason why your game is failing to launch is when you do not run the game with administrator privileges. So head to the game installation folder and from there right-click on the game launcher file and run it as administrator.
To make sure that every time you run the game it runs as administrator you have to right-click on the game launcher file. Go to Properties and then the compatibility tab. There you will find a checkmark to run the game administrator. Check it and now the game will run permanently with the administrator’s permission. Follow the steps to understand better.
- STEP 1. Open installation folder of the game
- STEP 2. Right-click on the game launcher file
- STEP 3. Select Properties, then head over to the Compatibility tab
- STEP 4. Now checkmark Run as administrator
3. Check if the Visual C++ Libraries & DirectX is installed
Check if the correct version of Visual C++ and Directx is installed on your system. Although the game comes with both of them by default. But sometimes the files are not installed. So it is recommended that you check both of them.
So according to the official system requirements the game requires DirectX 9 to run the game properly. Follow the below steps to download and install DX9.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start menu search for the browser and launch it
- STEP 2. Now you can either search for Directx9 yourself or click on this link
- STEP 3. After downloading the setup, simply double click to install it
4. Check if the Graphics Driver is Updated
There are chances that your graphics driver is not up to date. So go ahead and check if there is any pending update for your graphics driver.
For Nvidia users, the Geforce Experience application is helpful for checking any pending update
For AMD users you can check for updates in the AMD Radeon app
5. Rename the EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll File
For some of the users even after disabling the antivirus, the game fails to run and this can be because of the EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll file. If the file is corrupted, unreadable, or missing then you might get the game not launching issue. So the only way is to either delete the file or rename it. After that, you have to move a new file here.
- STEP 1. To make this method work you first have to go to the installation directory of the game
- STEP 2. Once you are in the Installation director locate the Bin folder and enter it into the folder
- STEP 3. Inside the bin folder, you will find the EasyAntiCheat folder enter into the folder
- STEP 4. Here you will find the EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll, right-click on it and rename the file
- STEP 5. Once renamed you now have to repair the game files from the Steam client
- STEP 6. Once you have done that a new DLL file will be placed, now restart the system
- STEP 7. After restarting the system check if the game is running fine
6. Reinstall the Game
If all the given solutions fail to work for you then it is suggested to uninstall the game completely and reinstall it again. The chances are that the game files were not installed correctly. What we mean by this is that the game has to be installed uninterrupted. There have to be no stops especially when the game is downloading. So we suggest that you reinstall the game.
- STEP 1. Go to the Steam client, head to the games library
- STEP 2. Right-click on Far Cry 5 and choose Uninstall
So the above guide talks about six of the most common ways to fix the far cry 5 not launching issue. The issue can appear due to a variety of reasons and this guide provide solutions for most those.
Hopefully, you have been helped by this guide. Thank you!