As absurd it may sound, but there are a lot of people out there who have eyes on your Fortnite account. With the exponential hike in mobile games, especially Battle royale games, there has been a drastic increase in account theft and hacking. Hackers and crackers always keep their focus on your account, and a single mistake or ignorance from your side may result in your account loss. Within a second, all your game account details progress, and gears will be either leaked to the public or completely changed, and you will not be able to access it anymore. With this increase in account hacks and security measures, the Fortnite team has introduced 2-factor authentication in the game. With this feature enabled, you can rest assured that your account is completely secured and free from any hackers. Here in this guide, you will get to know all the different ways on How to enable 2fa Fortnite.
What is 2-Factor Authentication?
With the increase in account theft, companies have designed an extra security layer called 2-Factor Authentication. Usually, when we access our account, we enter a username and password. However, once you enable the 2FA in addition to the username and password, there is an added security that needs verification, e.g., OTP, email authentication, question or smartphone authentication, etc. This extra security makes sure that the person who is trying to log in is the person who belongs to the account.
How to Enable 2FA Fortnite Very Easily & Quickly
Now that you have a very good idea about the 2-factors authentication, let’s see what different options Fortnite offers and How to enable 2fa Fortnite easily.
So Fortnite offers you three different ways to enable 2-factor authentication.
- Smartphone Authenticator App
- SMS text authentication
- Email authentication
STEPS to Enable 2FA Fortnite
As you can see, you can choose any of the ways mentioned above to enable the 2FA. However, before you proceed, there is one thing to make sure that you have verified your email address. One more thing to notice here is that you can only enable the 2Fa from the website. There is no way you can enable it from the game itself. With that in mind, below, you can see all the steps to enable 2FA in Fortnite.
- STEP 1. While you are on the desktop, open up your browser and visit the epic game website or click here to open the homepage directly
- STEP 2. Once the webpage is opened up on the top right, you can see the sign-in button. Click on it
- STEP 3. Now enter the required details and log in; after logging in, you will be directed to the main dashboard of your account
- STEP 4. Again on the top right, you can see your account name; hover over it and click on Account
- STEP 5. Once the page is opened up on the left, click on Password and security
- STEP 6. Now on the right, scroll down, and you will see the section that says two-factor authentication
- STEP 7. As you can see, there are three options to choose from
- Authenticator App
- SMS Authentication
- Email Authentication
SMS Authentication and Email Authentication are pretty straightforward. If you enable SMS Authentication, you need to add your contact number verify it. After your number is verified every time you log in to your Fortnite account, an SMS will be sent for the verification.
On the other hand, when it comes to Email Authentication, your email address will receive the verification mail, and you need to confirm it to log in to your account.
STEPS to Enable 2FA Fortnite Authenticator App
If you decide to choose the Authenticator App for the verification the below are all the required steps you need to follow.
- STEP 1. Since this section talks about the Authenticator app; under the Authenticator App, click on Enable Authenticator App
- STEP 2. A pop up will appear that outlines the 3 steps to enable it
- STEP 3. Head to the Play store and search for the google authenticator app and install it
- STEP 4. Once installed, open the app and tap on begin, then scan a barcode on the screen and then tap on Add account
- STEP 6. Now a code will pop up on your phone in the app; remember this code and enter it onto the PC, then click on activate
- STEP 7. You are all set now the 2FA is enabled; to check, you can logout from your account and then login again
- STEP 8. You will see that this time a code has been asked; the code will be received on the authenticator app; simply enter the code, and you will be logged in
By now, you have a very clear understanding of how to enable 2fa Fortnite. We have given you the instructions for all three ways to enable 2FA on your Fortnite account.
Hopefully, this guide is helpful to you. Thank you!