Call of duty warzone is a battle royale game. Battle royale games have been one of the trending genres of games. Cod Warzone is one of the recent installments from the activation, released on March 10, 2020; the game has been trending since its release. The game can be played on consoles as well as PC. Recently, many users have been facing Dev Error 5761 Modern Warfare, also known as warzone startup error. Users have reported that the error appears right after launching the game. Now talking about the error, it is not critical and can be fixed using some basic solutions.
Causes of Dev Error 5761 Code Problem Issue
Dev Error 5761 Modern Warfare can be caused due to several reasons. Users have reported that if they play the game without admin permission, it will crash and give them the error. Furthermore, some users claim that background apps like discord, stream lab, and obs also cause the issue. Furthermore, some game settings also cause this issue.
- Issues with the Graphics Settings
- Memory Boost/ Game Boosting applications are enabled
- Missing Administrator Privileges
- Background apps like discord, obs, streamlabs are running
Similar Type of Dev Error 5761 Code Problem Issue
- Warzone Reddit
- Cod warzone
- War zone Dev Error 5761 Modern Warfare
- Dev error 5671
- Dev error 5523
- Dev error 5763
- Dev error 6071
- Dev error 1202
- Dev error 5759
- Dev error 6068
How to Fix Dev Error 5761 Code Problem Issue
Now let’s proceed to all the possible ways by which you can easily fix Call of Duty Warzone Dev Error 5761 Modern Warfare within a few seconds. Below are all the methods demonstrated using steps.
1. Run the Game with Administrator Privileges
So the first way users have fixed the Dev Error 5761 Modern Warfare issue is by running the game using admin privileges. Run the launcher file with admin permissions.
- STEP 1. Right-click on the desktop shortcut of the game, and choose the open file location
- STEP 2. Once you get to the game files folder, look for the launcher file
- STEP 3. Now right-click on the launcher file and choose Run as an administrator
- STEP 4. For Permanent, make this program run as administrator, again Right Click on the Modern Warfare launcher file
- STEP 5. Go to Properties
- STEP 6. Move to the Compatibility Tab
- STEP 7. Below check on Run this program as an Administrator checkbox
2. Disable Background Applications
If you try running the game with background applications like discord, obs, Spotify, or similar apps, you will get into the Dev Error 5761 DirectX error. Furthermore, the game-boosting application also causes this issue. So make sure to disable them before running the game.
Below is the list of some applications that you cant use while running the game. Although you can run these applications after launching the game.
- Performance monitoring and Game boosting application
- Broadcasting And Streaming applications
- Video and audio recording applications
- Sharing apps
- GeForce Experience
- Game Bar
3. Change Graphics Settings
Users have reported that there is a setting in the game, an under-display mode called Fullscreen borderless. You have to enable this setting to run the game. So that you will get rid of the modern warfare dev error 5761 code.
- STEP 1. Run call of duty warzone in safe mode
- STEP 2. Now go to Settings and then go to the Graphics
- STEP 3. Under the Display Mode, choose Fullscreen Borderless
4. Putting Game to a Lower FPS 7 Reducing Textures
If you are running the game with a high graphics setting, then there is a chance that this is the Dev Error 5761 DirectX issue you are getting this error. Maybe your system is too powerful to run the game in high settings. Your system is unable to process the graphics as well as high-game FPS. So to fix the issue, you have to lower both of these settings down.
- Lower FPS settings to 60
- Reduce the graphics’ texture
5. Disable Crossplay
Multiple users have confirmed that if crossplay is enabled, the error seems to appear. So it is suggested that we disable the crossplay by following the below modern warfare dev error 5761 steps.
- STEP 1. While you are in the game, go to Options
- STEP 2. Now Click on the Account tab
- STEP 3. Here locate the Crossplay option and Disable it
- STEP 4. Now try running the game
In this troubleshooting guide, we have seen some methods that can fix Dev Error 5761 Modern Warfare code. We have briefly talked about the possible causes of this issue as well.
We hope your Dev Error 5761 Modern Warfare issue is fixed; for more guides like this, follow us. Thank you!