Windows 10 is one of the best versions of windows, with great new additions of features and applications, it really provides a great user experience. With windows 10 you also get some handy features like Xbox game bar. With this nifty application while you are playing you can access your social media, you can stream your gameplay, talk to friends, record your gameplay, and various similar services. But the issue here is that even the users is not playing any game the process still runs in the background and eats up your RAM. Furthermore, some online games like call of duty crashes if the game bar has been turned on. So in this guide, we will be demonstrating the methods to stop gamebar and Gamebar Presence Writer Process from being running.
Issues With Gamebar & Gamebar Presence Writer Process
Since Gamebar and Gamebar Presence Writer Process are system applications and processes, so they run without getting triggered by any application. Furthermore, there are multiple issues with these processes running in the background. First of all they make the UI stutter, lag, and sometimes black, they eat up the RAM, and last but not the least some games don’t go well while the game bar and presence writer processes running.
- UI stutters and lag
- Eats up RAM
- Some games crashes
Similar Types Of Gamebar & Gamebar Presence Writer Process Issues
- Gamebar presence writer reddit
- Gamebar presence writer still running
- Gamebar presence writer virus
- How to open gamebar presence writer
- Uninstall gamebar presence writer
- Runtime broker
- Xbox game bar
- Xbox game monitoring
- Can t close gamebar exe
How to Fix Gamebar & Gamebar Presence Writer Process Issues
Stoping the Gamebar and Gamebar Presence Writer Process is not that hard, within a few minutes you can easily stop them from being running. Below we have demonstrated such methods follow them to get rid of the issue.
1. Using the Xbox App
The first way to disable the processes from running is to turn them off using the Xbox app. This method has worked for a lot of users so try using this method first. For your ease follow the steps.
- STEP 1. While you are on the desktop press Windows + S key, type Xbox and hit Enter
- STEP 2. Once the application is opened up, click on the Gear icon at the bottom left
- STEP 3. Now on the right select Game DVR tab and toggle off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR option
- STEP 4. Once done, simply restart your system and hopefully, the process will stop running
2. Using Registry Editor
If the above method failed to work then no worries follow this method. In this method we will be using the registry to resolve the issue. We will be tweaking a registry and that will stop the gamebar and Gamebar Presence Writer Process.
- STEP 1. Open up the Run window by pressing Windows+R key
- STEP 2. Once opened the type regedit and hit enter
- STEP 3. Once you are in the registry editor window, navigate to the below path
- STEP 4. Now on the right locate AppCaptureEnabled key
- STEP 5. Right-click on AppCaptureEnabled key and edit, now put 0 in value data filed
- STEP 6. Once done, navigate to this path now
- STEP 7. Now on right look for GameDVR_Enabled key
- STEP 8. Once you have found the key, right-click then edit, again put 0 in the value data field
- STEP 9. Once all the changes has been done, restart your system and your issue will be fixed
3. Disabling Game Bar While It is Running
Now if the issue still persists, launch any game or run the application that triggers and run the gamebar. once it is on the screen disable it from there. For more clarity follow the steps.
- STEP 1. Run the game which triggers the gamebar to run
- STEP 2. Once the gamebar overlay is on the screen, click on the gear icon to open its settings
- STEP 3. Once you click on the icon a window will open up, simply untick the below options
- Open Game bar when using (Xbox) on a controller
- Show Game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified
- Remember this as a game
- STEP 4. Once done, save the changes and restart your system, you will see that your issue has been fixed
In this troubleshooting guide on Stoping the Gamebar Presence Writer Process, we have given you multiple ways by which you can stop these processes from running.
We hope by following this guide your issue is fixed. For more similar guides follow us. Thank you!