Destiny is a very popular game among gamers, it is a multiplayer first-person shooter game. Destiny 2 was released back in 2017 for PC users. But there are a lot of users who are facing issues with the game. Users are complaining about some crash issues with the game. There are two scenarios in which the game crashes. In first while launching the game, the screen turns black, and the game crashes later on closing the game whole system hangs, and to fix this user has to restart the system. While some users claim that the error appears after a few minutes of gameplay. Do not worry anymore, in this troubleshooting guide we will be going through all the possible ways to fix Destiny 2 Crashing pc error.
Causes of Destiny 2 Crashing PC Problem Issue
As reported by the users the error does not occur to anyone specific error, there are multiple causes behind the error. The major cause behind the issue is missing DLL files and corrupted system files, furthermore, the active window firewall is another major cause. Similarly, insufficient memory, memory overclocking, and overlay programs like Spotify, Nvidia GeForce suite are some possible causes of this Destiny 2 Crashing pc error.
Similar Types of Destiny 2 Crashing PC Problem Issue
- PC 2019
- Destiny 2 crashes when loading
- Destiny 2 crash log
- Destiny 2 has stopped working steam
- Discord crashing destiny 2
- Season of the worthy
- Destiny 2 keeps freezing Xbox one
- Problem reading game content destiny 2
- Destiny 2 not launching steam
How to Fix Destiny 2 Crashing PC Problem Issue
Fixing Destiny 2 Crashing pc Error isn’t that hard, feel free to try the below methods to fix the issue.
1. Putting Game at the Priority List
So the first way by which users have fixed the Destiny 2 Crashing pc issue is by putting the game to the priority list. Putting the game at the priority list given sufficient memory to the game and the game does not crashes. Now follow the steps.
- STEP 1. Right-Click on the Taskbar
- STEP 2. From the list choose Task manager
- STEP 3. Under the process tab, locate battle.net launcher
- STEP 4. To set its priority right-click on it and Go to details
- STEP 5. Again right-click on the battle.net
- STEP 6. Here you can set the Priority, set it to High
- STEP 7. Finally, save the changes, and run the game
2. Run the Game with Administrator Privileges
If you are running the game without administrator permission you might experience the Destiny 2 Crashing pc 2019 error. No matter whether you are using steam or battle.net launcher. Make sure to use the admin permission when you run the game using these launchers.
- STEP 1. Right-Click on the Battle.net launcher file
- STEP 2. From the menu choose Run as an administrator
- STEP 3. For Permanent make this program run as administrator, again Right Click on the battle.net launcher
- STEP 4. Go to Properties
- STEP 5. Move to the Compatibility Tab
- STEP 6. Below check on Run this program as an Administrator checkbox
- STEP 7. Save the changes
- STEP 8. Perform the same steps for Battle.net and Steam
3. Moving the DLL Files to Suitable Location
One of the causes behind this Destiny 2 Crashing on pc error is that the GFSDK_Aftermath_lib.dl file has to be kept into a certain directory in order to fix the crash issue of the game. Follow the steps below.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start Menu, now click on My computer
- STEP 2. Head to the below location
C:\Program Files\Destiny 2\
- STEP 3. Once you reach the location, look for GFSDK_Aftermath_lib.dll
- STEP 4. Now copy the DLL file and paste it to the below location
4. Disable CPU/GPU Overclocking & System Boost
- Since the latest gaming machines give users to overclock the frequencies of their system processors users take advantage of these. Although most of the time, they do boost performance and gaming experience. But not all the games support this overclocking scenario.
- Furthermore, don’t use any sort of boost program. Recently most laptops and PC are inbuilt with a performance-boosting program, they tend to increase the performance by some percentage. But as with overclocking some game doesn’t cop up with it and Destiny 2 Crashing on startup.
5. Miscellaneous Troubleshooting Points
If the above methods fail to solve your Destiny 2 Crashing on loading screen issue. we suggest you go through the following important tips.
- Disable Antivirus and Firewall: It is highly recommended that run the game with firewall disabled. Also if you are using any third-party antivirus disable it as well.
- Disable Overlay Applications: Make sure that any sort of overlay application is disabled. Some of them are
- GeForce Experience
- Game Bar
In the above troubleshooting guide, we have given you all the ways to eliminate Destiny 2 Crashing pc error. Furthermore, we have briefly talked about all the possible causes of the issue.
We hope your Destiny 2 Crashing pc issue has been fixed. Thank you!