Diablo 3 is an RPG game that features a hack-and-slash fighting style, one of the famous fighting styles. The game was first released in 2012 for the PC and made a record as the fastest-selling PC game. The game sold over 3.5 million copies on the first day of its release. Although the game excels in every aspect, certain issues can still occur. Users have reported that every time they try to connect to the game, they get Diablo 3 error code 1016. This error prevents them from connecting the game to the online server. This guide aims to fix the error with some troubleshooting methods.
Causes of Diablo 3 Error Code 1016 Problem Issue
Users have reported that Diablo 3 error code 1016 is a network error. That is why users are unable to connect to the server. Network issues and errors are very common when it comes to RPG games. There are a lot of top RPG games that get into such network issues. Those users who have had this error claim that the error occurs because of these causes.
- DNS issues
- Using the IPV6
- A firewall or Antivirus has been turned on
- Compatibility issues
- The program is not running with administrator permission
Similar Types of Diablo 3 Error Code 1016 Problem Issue
- Diablo 3 error code 3006
- Diablo 3 disconnected from the server
- Diablo 3 error code 1001
- Diablo 3 error 1106
- Error code 1016 Disney plus
- Diablo 3 server status
- Diablo 3 error code 2
- Diablo 3 season 20 connection issues
- Diablo 3 forums
How to Fix Diablo 3 Error Code 1016 Problem Issue
There are a lot of users who have gone through this issue, and there is not anyone specific cause and solution to Diablo 3 Error Code 1016. But we have gathered all the possible ways and tips to help you eliminate this error.
1. Using Common Network Troubleshooting Methods
Many users have confirmed that the error was temporary, and by using the below tips, the Diablo 3 Error Code 1016 mac error was resolved.
- Check the Internet: Make sure your internet is working fine; try visiting a few websites on your browser.
- Check Internet Speed: RPG games require a constant and stable internet connection, visit websites like ookla and speed test, and check your internet speed. If it is below 3mbps, you will frequently get these types of errors.
- Check Official Forums: Make sure every time these network issues occur, visit the official forums and check if there are announcements related to the issue.
- Try Using VPN: Try using the VPN program and change your location.
2. Disable Windows Firewall
There are a lot of RPG and non-RPG games that don’t go well when the firewall is turned on. The same goes if you are using any third-party antivirus. Follow the Diablo 3 Error Code 1016 2019 steps to disable the firewall.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start Menu and type Firewall
- STEP 2. From the results, choose Windows Firewall
- STEP 3. Once the window is opened up on the left, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off
- STEP 4. You have to choose to Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)
- STEP 5. Choose this for both private and public network settings
- STEP 6. Now save all the changes and try running the game
- STEP 7. However, if you are also using any third-party antivirus, disable it as well
3. Adding the Game to Antivirus Exception List
Although we highly recommend that you disable the entire antivirus. But you can also put the game on the exception list of antivirus as well. Below is some very famous antivirus. If you don’t have any of them, don’t worry, you will get the idea. Then you can add the program to your antivirus exception list. So that you can get rid of the Diablo 3 Error Code 1016 fix issue.
- For Avast Antivirus
Home > Settings > General > Exclusions
- For Kaspersky Antivirus
Home > Settings > Additional > Threats and Exclusions > Exclusions > Specify Trusted Applications > Add
- For AVG Antivirus
Home > Settings > Components > Web Shield > Exceptions
4. Run the Game with Admin Rights & in Compatibility Mode
Multiple users have claimed that the Diablo 3 Error Code 1016 fix error also occurs when the game is not running with administrator permission. Also, running the game in windows, 7 compatibility mode also fixed the issue. Below are all the necessary steps to follow them.
- STEP 1. On the Desktop, Right-click on the Steam shortcut or the game shortcut
- STEP 2. From the menu, click on the open file location
- STEP 3. Locate the launcher file, Steam.exe for steam users, diablo.exe for other
- STEP 4. Now right-click on the launcher file, go to Properties, then click on the Compatibility tab
- STEP 5. Now tick on Run this program in compatibility mode for
- STEP 6. From the Dropdown menu, choose Windows 7
- STEP 7. While you are in the Properties window, it is recommended that you also tick on Run this program as an administrator option
- STEP 8. Once done, try running Steam again
With this is the end of the troubleshooting guide on Diablo 3 error code 1016. We have given you all the ways by which you can fix this error.
For more guides and tips on gaming, follow us. Thank you!