Amazon Firestick is a great gadget that can be connected to your TV. Once connected, you get to access a world of unlimited entertainment. With the amazon firestick, you can stream, Tv shows, web shows, movies, sports, songs, music videos, etc. The gadget also allows you to do shopping on Amazon. However, every good product is not full proof against technical issues sometimes; the same goes for the firestick. It fails to respond when giving certain instructions, and sometimes it fails even to power up. In those scenarios, a simple restart is enough to fix all these temporary issues. The main problem here is that users do not know how to restart firestick. Well, in this guide, you will get all your answers.
What is Amazon Firestick?
Firestick is a product designed by amazon to take your TV entertainment to a new level. This small gadget is capable enough to take you to the world of endless entertainment. With the help of this gadget, not only can you consume shows, movies, and music, but also you can do shopping.
The product is quite similar to a USB Pendrive, but it is a little large in size than USB Pendrive. It fits into your TV, and once connected, you will be able to access the services it offers you. Firestick allows you to access multiple entertainment platforms like Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc., all in one place.
Methods on How to Restart Firestick
Now let’s talk about how to restart firestick; well restarting the firestick can be done in two ways. Below we have given you a step-by-step guide on both of the ways. Follow the guide and steps, and hopefully, your issue will be fixed.
1. Restart Firestick with the Inbuilt Restart Option
A lot of users are not aware that firestick does have a restart option inside the menu. The option is quite buried inside the layers of menus, and that is why you do not see it while going through the basic menu. Follow the below-given steps to see where the restart option lies and how to use that option to fix the issue.
- STEP 1. So first things first make sure that the firestick is pugged in the TV & TV is turned on
- STEP 2. Once you are on the firestick home screen, use the remote controller, and on the right, click on the Settings option
- STEP 4. Once you are inside settings, please scroll to the right and click on My Fire TV
- STEP 5. Once you are on My Fire TV, simply scroll down, and there you will be able to see the Restart option
- STEP 6. Finally, click on the restart option, and you will be able to resort your firestick
2. Restart Firestick without Remote
For any particular reason, if you do not have the Firestick Remote, the above method will not be possible. In this scenario, follow the below steps.
- STEP 1. Connect your Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network as the TV
- STEP 2. Head to the Playstore and Download the Fire TV Application
- STEP 3. After installing, run the app and pair the application with your TV
- STEP 4. Once you begin pairing, a Four digit code will pop on the TV
- STEP 5. Enter that code in the app to begin using the app; once paired, you can use your phone as a remote
- STEP 6. Click on the Settings on the top of the screen; scroll to the right by pressing the Right arrow button
- STEP 7. Here click on the Fire TV option, choose the Amazon Fire Stick Restart option
- STEP 8. A confirmation message will pop up to restart the device, so click the Restart
3. Unplug the Firestick
In case you do not want to install the application, you can follow this method. The method is pretty self-explanatory as the headline.
- STEP 1. Head to the location of the firestick where it is plugged in
- STEP 2. Once you find the spot, simply unplug it from there
- STEP 3. Make sure to keep it unplugged for several minutes
- STEP 4. Now plug back in, and hopefully, your issue will be fixed
In this guide, we have gone through 3 ways that answer your query on How to restart firestick. Restarting the firestick is pretty easy by now. You already know that. Now you can fix any temporary issues by restarting the device.
Hopefully, the guide is helpful to you. For more guides like this, follow us. Thank you!