If you’re like me, you probably rely on your Xbox app to keep up with friends and gaming news. But what if the app just isn’t working? Don’t worry – you’re not alone. A lot of people are reporting that the Xbox App Not Working for them. In this article, we’ll go over some common issues and how to fix them. So whether you’re having trouble signing in or experiencing crashes, read on for help!
How to Fix Xbox App Not Working Problem Issue Easily
Follow the below guide to fix Xbox App Not Working issues.
Xbox App Not Opening/Downloading/Installing
If you are facing issues while opening, downloading, or installing any games then follow the below solutions. If the app is working fine and you are not able to sign in then there is a section below.
1. Wait For Few Minute
If the Xbox app is not opening then wait for some minutes as the app may be updating in the background. Give it a few minutes until it is open. The updating process is of multiple steps as the app first gets downloaded, it is installed and it between the previous cache data is also deleted. So have patience if the app was working just fine before then surely it is updating.
2. Make sure the Internet is Working Fine
It is highly recommended that you must check if your internet is working or not. Slow or unresponsive internet might be the reason you are facing Xbox download and installation issues.
You can easily check the internet by opening up a few websites, also check you internet speed if it is fine. Slow internet can cause timeout issues which ultimately cause failed download or installation issues.
3. Reset the Microsoft Store cache
Xbox application and the MS store application are connected. So if any issues run on the MS store there are chances that it will probably cause issues to the Xbox app as well. A simple fix to resolve all the temporary issues is to reset the MS STORE cache. Follow the below steps to do so.
- STEP 1. Head to the Start menu and type wsreset
- STEP 2. In the search result, you will find the WSRESET click on it
- STEP 3. Once you click on it click Confirm the reset
- STEP 4. Now check if the Xbox app is installing or downloading
4. Try Running the License Service Script
So here we will manually create a .bat script, once you run it your Xbox app will be removed from the system. However, you can download it again and that is the main purpose of this method. To reinstall the Xbox app.
- STEP 1. First, open up the Notepad, after the you have to paste the below code as it is
echo offnet stop clipsvcif “%1″==”” ( echo ==== BACKING UP LOCAL LICENSES move %windir%serviceprofileslocalserviceappdatalocalmicrosoftclipsvctokens.dat %windir%serviceprofileslocalserviceappdatalocalmicrosoftclipsvctokens.bak )if “%1″==”recover” ( echo ==== RECOVERING LICENSES FROM BACKUP copy %windir%serviceprofileslocalserviceappdatalocalmicrosoftclipsvctokens.bak %windir%serviceprofileslocalserviceappdatalocalmicrosoftclipsvctokens.dat )net start clipsvc
- STEP 2. It is the important part here you have to save the file as license.bat
- STEP 3. Now right-click on the file and from the menu choose Run as administrator
- STEP 4. Now the Xbox app will be uninstalled and you can now download it from MS store
5. Check if Server is Down
Mostly this part is overlooked and people think the issue is with either their system. There have been multiple cases when the server went down and people were facing issues while using the Xbox app,
If you tried the above solutions and the issue still persists then there is a possibility that the server might be down of your zone.
- STEP 1. To check if the server is down, open up the web browser
- STEP 2. Now click on this official Xbox link
- STEP 3. Once the webpage is opened see if the server is down or not
Xbox App Login Problems
If you are having login issues then below solutions will be good.
1. Enter Correct Login Details
There is a possibility that the login credentials that you entered might be incorrect. If you have recently changed your account email or password then make sure to enter the correct login details to enter into the Xbox app.
2. Check if Your Account has Any Issues
If you are facing issues while logging into your Xbox account via the Xbox app then there are chances that your account might be having some issues. Cross-check if the issue is related to your account you can try logging in to the Xbox official website. If you are able to log in successfully then surely the account is working fine and you can proceed to the next solution. Below are the helpful steps of this solution.
- STEP 1. Head to your PC, now open up any web browser you use
- STEP 2. Now in the address bar, you can type Xbox.com and hit enter
- STEP 3. On the top right you will find the option for Sign in
- STEP 4. Click on the signin button and enter your login details
- STEP 5. If there are any issues with your account, you will find the suitable instruction simply follow them
If you are able to log in easily without issues then your account is absolutely fine proceed to the next solution
3. Check if the Date and Time Is Ok
At first, it may sound strange solution but it has helped a lot of users to fix the issue. There are chances that you have recently installed the OS or updated it. In such scenarios, time and date can be changed. So make sure that your timezone, time, date match. If you find that your system is running on an incorrect date and time setting follow the steps below
- STEP 1. On the bottom right of the Taskbar, you will find the date and time
- STEP 2. Now right-click on it and choose Adjust Time/Date
- STEP 3. A window will open where you can set the Timezone correctly also make sure that you have selected the option Set time automatically
- STEP 4. Once done simply restart the system and hopefully, your issue will be fixed
4. Remove the MS account
So in this method, you have to remove the MS account from the windows that you use to log in to your Xbox app. Then try logging into Xbox and it will solve the issue.
- STEP 1. Head to Windows settings
- STEP 2. In the settings, you have to click on Accounts
- STEP 3. In the accounts, you will find the MS account that you use to login to Xbox app
- STEP 4. All you need to do is simply remove the account
- STEP 5. Once removed you can try logging in directly from the Xbox app
Hopefully, after following the above guide you have enough information regarding Xbox App Not Working issue. The above solutions target all the major Xbox app issues.
For more guides similar to this follow us. Thank you!