Installing a game is pretty easy; all you have to do is simply run the installer and follow the instructions from the installer. The main issue occurs when you have to uninstall a game from the PC. This is where a lot of users struggle. Today’s How to Uninstall League of Legends guide also talks about a such similar problem that is faced by users who have installed League of Legends. In this guide, we have provided several ways by which your query about How to Uninstall League of Legends can easily be resolved.
How to Uninstall League of Legends Very Quickly
In this How to uninstall league of legends guide, we will be demonstrating to you multiple ways by which you can uninstall the game in minutes. If you have already uninstalled any program before, the process is exactly the same. To uninstall League of Legends, all you have to do is either go to the Control Panel or the Settings or the game folder location. Once you reach there, you can easily remove the game. In case that fails to work, you can use the dedicated uninstaller file that comes with the game. For a step-by-step approach, follow the How to Uninstall League of Legends steps below for the method you prefer.
1. How to Uninstall League of Legends Using the Control Panel/ Settings
This is the most common way to uninstall any program or game that you have installed onto your system. The process is used by almost all users, especially if the game is not installed through any client. Below you will get to know the steps for uninstallation using the Control Panel as well as the Settings. Let’s see all the crucial How to Uninstall League of Legends steps.
Using the Control Panel (Windows 7)
- STEP 1. While you are on the Desktop, go to the Start menu, and their type Control Panel
- STEP 2. From the results, click on the Control Panel icon
- STEP 3. Once the Control Panel window is opened up, under the Programs settings, you can see a link for Uninstall a Program; click on it
- STEP 3. As soon as you click on it, a list of all the installed programs will be presented on your screen
- STEP 4. There you have to locate the League of Legends
- STEP 5. Once you have found it, simply right-click on it and choose to uninstall or click on the uninstall button on top
- STEP 6. The uninstallation process will start immediately, let the How to Uninstall League of Legends process complete
- STEP 7. Once the uninstallation is completed, restart your system to get rid of all the temporary files of the game
Using the Settings (Windows 10)
An alternative way of the above method is uninstallation using Settings. With Windows 10, you get the settings instead of the control panel. Although the control panel is also available, it is just you have to search for it. However, using the settings also the process is pretty easy. Let’s see the How to Uninstall League of Legends steps.
- STEP 1. While you are on the Desktop, head to the Start menu, and on the left of the screen, click on the Gear icon
- STEP 2. Once you click on the icon, Settings will open up, and there you have to click on Apps Settings
- STEP 3. Once the Apps settings page is opened up, you can see a list of all the installed programs
- STEP 4. There you have to look for League of Legends; once you find it, click on it once and click on the uninstall button
- STEP 5. Let the How to Uninstall League of Legends process complete, and it can take a few minutes; after the uninstallation is finished, restart the system
2. How to Uninstall League of Legends Using the Uninstall File
Among all the How to Uninstall League of Legends ways of uninstalling a game, this is one of the unused ways, and there is a big portion of people who are not aware that the majority of the applications and games come with an uninstaller file itself. In fact, the usual way of uninstalling games and apps, which is from the control panel or the settings, uses this uninstall file to remove that particular game or application.
However, the complexity in this way is that you have to head to the installation directory of the game, and from there, you have to run the uninstall file. If you have not done this before, then the below steps will surely be helpful; you will then easily be able to uninstall any game or application with this approach. Let’s see what the How to Uninstall League of Legends steps is.
- STEP 1. While you are on the Desktop, go to the Start menu and click on My Computer; alternatively, click on the explorer icon at the bottom
- STEP 2. Once the My Computer window is opened up, head to the installation drive of the game; usually, it is C: drive
- STEP 3. Once you are in the C: drive, head to the Program Files folder
- STEP 4. Here you have to look for the folder name, either the “League of Legends” folder or the “Riot Games” folder
- STEP 5. Once you are inside the folder of the game there, you should look for the file that says Uninstall League of Legends or simply Uninstall
- STEP 5. Double-click on the file to run. You might get asked for confirmation, so make sure to choose yes and proceed with the uninstallation
- STEP 6. The uninstallation might take some time; once done, you have to restart your PC so that all the temporary files are removed
Uninstalling a program or any game is not really hard if you know the process. In this How to Uninstall League of Legends guide, we have covered several ways How to uninstall league of legends.
Hopefully, by now, all your How to Uninstall League of Legends queries regarding the uninstallation have been cleared out. For more guides on games like this, How to Uninstall League of Legends, follow us. Thank you!