Assassin’s Creed Odyssey comes under the top list of AAA gaming titles and if you have recently installed the game and facing a crash issue, then follow this guide. Crashing issues while gaming is very common; the main issue that worries the user is how to fix the problem. Crashing the game is a pretty abstract issue as you do not know what the actual cause of this issue is and how you can fix it. Now that you are on this guide, do not worry; we have managed to gather all the solutions that have been found to be working for Assassin’s creed odyssey crashing problem.
Why Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Crashing Issue Occurs?
Some of you might be wondering that even after correct installation steps, why does the issue even occur. Well, there can be multiple reasons for this. As we all know that the AC odyssey is a AAA title. It requires a capable gaming PC. The first and the most obvious reason is the system compatibility. That is if your system is not powerful enough to run the game, then surely it will crash. Secondly, if you have not installed supporting applications like MS Visual C++ libraries, DirectX, the game will crash. Also, if your graphics setting is set to full or the game has some other compatibility issues, the game will crash.
- Minimum Hardware specifications are not met.
- Supporting applications like DirectX and MS visual C++ libraries not installed.
- Game graphics are set to high
- Other compatibility issues
Similar Types Of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Crashing Issues
- Assassin’s creed odyssey crashing on startup
- Assassin’s creed odyssey crashing on the loading screen
- Assassin’s creed odyssey crashing Reddit
- Assassin’s creed odyssey crashes after the intro
- Assassin’s creed odyssey crashing ps4
- Assassin’s creed odyssey crashing after the first cutscene
- Assassin’s creed odyssey crashing after update
- Assassin’s creed odyssey crashing at sea
Solutions to Fix Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Crashing Issues
To fix the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Crashing Issues below, we have put together all the solutions. Follow them, and hopefully, your issue will be resolved.
1. Check Minimum System Requirements
So first things first, you must check if the minimum system requirements are met by your PC because your system is not able to satisfy the minimum system requirements. It does not matter what solution you use. The game will crash eventually. So we suggest just going through the minimum requirements of the game and if your system satisfies, proceed to the other solutions.
- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
- Processor: AMD FX 6300 @ 3.8 GHz, Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.1 GHz, Ryzen 3 – 1200 (SSE 4.1 Support or higher required) (MORE DETAILS BELOW)
- Video: AMD Radeon R9 285 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (MORE DETAILS BELOW)
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Resolution: 720p
- Targeted framerate: 30 FPS
- Video Preset: Low
- Storage: 46GB available hard drive space
- DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
- Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse required, optional controller (Xbox One / PS4)
2. Make sure that Graphics Drivers Are Updated
One of the most common issues behind the crashing of the game is the outdated graphics driver. Make sure to update your graphics to the latest version. To update your graphics driver, follow the steps below.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start menu and open up the web browser
- STEP 2. Once the browser opens up, head to the Nvidia official website
- STEP 3. Now enter your Nvidia Graphics Card details, then hit Search
- STEP 4. Now you will be able to download the latest available driver
- STEP 5. After downloading, install it, and your driver will be updated
3. Make Sure Game is Set to Run as Administrator
There are a lot of games that require Administrator permissions to run the game. Follow the below steps to permanently run the game as administrator.
- STEP 1. Head to the installation directory of the game
- STEP 2. Now locate the launcher file, right-click on it, and Run as administrator
4. Install the Latest Patch
If you are playing Assassins Creed Odyssey Elysium and facing the crash issue, then chances are you have not installed the latest patch of the game. Actually, there was a bug with the Assassins Creed Odyssey Elysium, which crashed the game. So Ubisoft rolled out a patch for it which fixed the crash issue.
You have to update the game for that patch to install.
For more information, open this page.
5. Clean Install the Game
In case all the above methods fail to work. You have to perform a clean reinstall of the game. Sometimes the game files do not install correctly, which results in the game crashing. Reinstalling is the only way to get out of this issue. The below steps dictates the uninstallation and installation process in Uplay client.
- STEP 1. Open the Uplay client, and head to My Games
- STEP 2. Now locate the Assassin’s Creed Odessy, then right-click and choose Uninstall
- STEP 3. Once uninstalled, restart your system
- STEP 4. After booting up, open up the Uplay client search Assassin’s Creed Odessy
- STEP 5. Finally, install it
In the above guide, we have seen the possible causes and some working solutions to fix Assassin’s Creed odyssey crashing issue.
Hopefully, the solutions have helped you. For more guides on games, follow us. Thank you!