Overwatch no compatible graphics hardware was found, which is an error that has been the cause of frustration for many users. The error box appears every time the user runs the game. If you are also facing the same issue, follow this guide, as we will cover all the important details, causes, and solutions to resolve this issue. Let’s talk a little about the game. Overwatch is a team-based multiplayer game, and there are a total of two teams that can take part, and each team has six different players. The user has the freedom to choose between thirty different players or heroes. Each hero is unique and has its own advantages and disadvantages. The main purpose of the game is to protect specific control points on the map and to escort the payload in a particular amount of time.
Causes of Overwatch No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found Problem
Talking of the possible causes of the issue, from the error statement, we can see that the issue is somewhat related to the graphics or graphics driver. According to lots of users, the issue is with the NVIDIA graphics, and the chances are that the driver is outdated, corrupted, or not responding. Furthermore, it can also be said that the resolution is also a possible cause of this issue. This is not a critical error. Maybe you have not updated your windows for a long time, and as a result, you are getting the Overwatch No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found workaround error.
- Graphics issues
- Outdated Graphics Driver
- Graphics Driver is not Responding.
- Game Resolution
- Outdated Windows
Similar Types of Overwatch No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found Issue
- Overwatch no compatible graphics hardware was found on Reddit.
- No compatible graphics device found
- Overwatch is not detecting graphics card
- Lutris overwatch no compatible graphics hardware
- Overwatch-supported video cards.
- Cheap graphics card for overwatch
- Overwatch graphics
How to Fix Overwatch No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found Error Issue
To fix Overwatch no Compatible Graphics Hardware was Found to fix the Issue; we have gathered some of the best working methods. Use them to resolve the issue easily.
1. Update Your System with Latest Windows
If you have turned off the automatic update or have not updated your system in a while, then there are chances that the Overwatch No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found Reddit issue might occur. By updating your system, existing bugs and issues are fixed. Also, if a major update is pending, then all the system files also change with the new one. So it is highly suggested that you must update your system.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start Menu, then on the left, click on the Settings icon
- STEP 2. Now go to Updates and security
- STEP 3. On the right, you can see the button for Check for updates; click on it
- STEP 4. Make sure that your system is connected to the internet
- STEP 5. Let the system download and update once the update process has been completely finished
- STEP 6. Try running the game
2. Activate GPU Scaling for AMD Graphics Hardware
Majorly the issue is occurring to the users who have AMD processors installed on their system. GPU scaling helps scale down the graphics, game, or similar application to its best resolution according to the system.
For AMD users, this is turned off and somehow causing the overwatch no compatible graphics hardware was found 0xe0070150 issue. To fix this issue, use the below steps. Ensure that you have an AMD system; if you are running NVIDIA or Intel, do not follow this method.
- STEP 1. Make sure that you have close the game completely
- STEP 2. While you are on the Desktop, right-click and choose AMD Radeon Settings
- STEP 3. Once you are Inside AMD Radeon settings, click on the Display tab
- STEP 4. Now, you can see the third option from the left is GPU Scaling
- STEP 5. Carefully put the option to On, once done close the window
- STEP 6. Now try running the game.
3. Try Changing the Default Resolution
Multiple users have claimed that the Overwatch No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found 0xe0070160 issue also occurs because of the resolution issue. To fix this, try changing the resolution. Follow the steps.
- STEP 1. Close the game completely
- STEP 2. Right-click on the Desktop and choose Screen Resolution; in case it is not present, choose Display Settings
- STEP 3. Under the Display Resolution, you can manage your system’s display resolution
- STEP 4. So here you can do two things
- if you are resolution is set to the default resolution, try changing it to a lower resolution
- In case your resolution is not set to default, make sure to choose the default resolution
- STEP 5. Once you have made the changes, try running the game and check if the issue persists
4. Reinstalling the Graphics Driver
If any of the above methods do not work for you, you have to remove all the graphics drivers and reinstall the latest ones. Since you have already tried the above methods, there are chances that the Overwatch No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found windows 10 issue is with the graphics drivers.
- STEP 1: Make sure that the game has been completely closed,
- STEP 2: Now reboot into the safe mode; you can do this by Start menu > Power > Hold Shift and pressing the restart button
- STEP 3: Follow the below image to boot into safe mode
- STEP 4. Press the Windows+R key, and a small box will pop up
- STEP 5. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter
- STEP 6. Now locate the Graphics Driver; once you find it right, click on the driver and choose Uninstall Device
- STEP 7. Once the driver is uninstalled, restart your system
- STEP 8. After Restarting, there are two things you can do
- If you have a Driver setup file, kindly install it.
- If not, head to the browser and search for the driver on the system manufacturer’s website.
- Download and install the driver
- STEP 9. After the driver is installed successfully, restart your system and try running the game
By following the above guide, hopefully, your issue of overwatch no compatible graphics hardware was found has been fixed.
Follow us for more guides on games like this: Overwatch No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found. Thank you!