With Windows 10, you get an inbuilt program called Gamebar; the game bar is an application that allows users, especially gamers, to use certain handy features, which include screen recording, screenshot capturing, social media features, voice-over, etc. With a dedicated shortcut (Windows+G), you can easily activate the game bar and access these features. But there have been many complaints regarding the gamebar. Users have complained that the gamebar presence writer process is responsible for taking up a lot of CPU memory even when the user is not running the application or playing any game. The purpose of this troubleshooting guide is to give you some ways by which you can fix these issues in a few minutes.
Causes of Excessive Memory Usage by Gamebar Presence Writer
Excessive Memory Usage By the Gamebar Presence Writer process is a very unusual issue, and not many users have these issues. There might be some temporary issues with your system. Furthermore, if you have recently made any changes to the system, system files, or installed any program, then you may be those changes triggered this Excessive Memory Usage error. Also, if you have recently updated your system or are infected by any malware/virus, you might face this issue.
Similar Types of Excessive Memory Usage by Gamebar Presence Writer Issue
- Gambar presence writer Reddit
- How to permanently disable it
- How do uninstall it
- Gamebarpresencewriter.exe disable
- Ctf loader
- I can’t close gamebar exe
How to Fix Excessive Memory Usage by Gamebar Presence Writer Issue
To fix the Excessive Memory Usage Issues, we have managed to gather all the possible solutions to fix the issue. The below solutions are working and helpful.
1. Update Windows
First of all, make sure to check if there aren’t any pending updates. If there are, kindly install them, and maybe the Gamebar Presence Writer process issue will be fixed.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start Menu and type Windows Update, then hit Enter
- STEP 2. You will be redirected to the Windows Update settings
- STEP 3. On the right, click on the Check for Updates Button
- STEP 4. If there are any pending updates present, install them
- STEP 5. Once updates are installed, restart the system, and hopefully, the gamebarpresencewriter.exe gamebar presence writer issue will be fixed
2. Disable XBOX Gamebar
If the issues persist, then follow this method; in this Gamebar Presence Writer crash method, we will disable the Xbox Gamebar from settings. Since we are not using the application or playing games, disabling it will not cause any issues.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start Menu and then Settings
- STEP 2. In the settings window, look for Gaming and click on it
- STEP 3. Now on the right, you can see the Toggle for Enabling/Disabling the Xbox gamebar
- STEP 4. To disable simple click on it, and the box gamebar will be disabled
- STEP 5. Now restart your system and check if the disabled gamebar presence writer is still using the excessive CPU
3. Disable GameBar while Running
There have been cases where the box gamebar appears out of the blue while running heavy graphics or video editing applications. If the same Gamebar Presence Writer process issue is with you, you can disable it while the box gamebar is running.
- STEP 1. While the Gamebar is running or you can run it by pressing Window+G
- STEP 2. On the top, you can see the bar with multiple options; click on Settings
- STEP 3. Once you click on the settings, untick the below options
- Open the Game bar when using (Xbox) on a controller
- Show Game bar when I play full-screen games. Microsoft has verified
- Remember this as a game
- STEP 4. Once done, save the changes and restart the system to fix this gamebarpresencewriter.exe gamebar presence writer issue.
4. Disable GameBar Using Registry
If the Gamebar Presence Writer crash issue is still not well, with this method, it surely will. This method will use the registry editor to disable the gamebar. Make sure while tweaking the registry to follow the steps carefully; incorrect changes might cause system stability.
- STEP 1. Press the Windows+R key to open the Run window
- STEP 2. Now type regedit and hit Enter
- STEP 3. Once you are in the registry, head to the below path
- STEP 4. While the GameConfigStore folder has been selected on the left
- STEP 5. On the right, you can see the GameDVR_Enabled registry, double click on it
- STEP 6. Now in the Value data field, delete the existing value and put 0
- STEP 7. Finally, save the changes, and your disabled Gamebar Presence Writer issue will be fixed
In this guide, we have gone through multiple ways by which we can fix the Excessive Memory Usage By the Gamebar Presence Writer process issue. We have briefly discussed the possible causes of this issue as well.
We hope by following this guide your issue has been fixed; for more guides like this, follow us. Thank you!
Buen articulo. Gracias, Un saludo
Buen post… Muchas gracias Saludos
Ir a muerte…
Nothing work , microsoft hard wire silly program to get numbers and datas.
There are too manny microsoft useless program wich work secretly no matter what.
Microsoft give privileges onto partners to justify a useless program saying everyone is using it all day long.
Yet you cant full use your own pc since others have more privileges and rights than you do .
I WANT TO REMOVE GAME BAR I WANT TO REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE AND IM TIRED OF BEEN HARRASSED AND CHEATTED BY THOSE ABUSIVE CORPORATE ALLOW TO HARRASS YOU IN YOUR VERY HOME!