Minecraft is a world-famous and one of the best selling games in the world, with more than 126 million active users, the game has one of the biggest community. It is a survival game and can be easily played as a single as well as multiplayer. But the main issue is here is that a lot of users running Windows 10 are unable to download the game. To be specific whenever users go to the Microsoft store and hit the download button, the download button gets white and after a few seconds, the game doesn’t download in fact nothing happens. To fix this Minecraft windows 10 won’t install issue we will be giving you some solutions.
Causes of Minecraft Windows 10 Won’t Install Issue
Usually, the issues occur after you have redeemed the code, although it is not necessary. The issue can appear if you are directly purchasing the game. Furthermore, the users who have face this strange issue claimed that the issue is because of outdated windows or the Microsoft store. If you are window is running the build version below 1909 than the issue will occur.
- Outdated Windows
- Outdated Microsoft Store
- Older caches and temporary data of Microsoft Store
Similar Types of Minecraft Windows 10 Won’t Install Issue
- Minecraft windows 10 no applicable devices
- Minecraft windows 10 download
- Minecraft for Windows 10 does not work on this device
- Minecraft windows 10 edition
- Minecraft windows 10 install button greyed out
- Minecraft for windows 10 not downloading
- Minecraft download
- why can t I run Minecraft on windows 10
- Minecraft won’t launch windows 10
- Minecraft windows 10 edition download error
How to Fix Minecraft Windows 10 Won’t Install Issue
Since the issue is all about the pending updates, so fixing the Issue will not be that complex or hard process. Below we have gathered few solutions to completely eliminate the issue.
1. Update Your Windows
So the first and the most obvious Minecraft Windows 10 Won’t Install method would be updating your windows if you are running the build version below 1909 than the issue will appear. The game requires the latest firmware. For your ease, we have provided you all the steps to download the latest version of the windows.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start Menu, on the left you will see a Gear icon, click on it
- STEP 2. The setting window will open up, now locate and click on Updates and Security
- STEP 3. On the left click on the Windows update tab
- STEP 4. Now on the right click on Check for Updates
- STEP 5. Now simply download the update
- STEP 6. Restart your system and the error will be gone
2. Use Update Assistant
For some users when checking for updates, it shows that the system is up to date, even though it is not. If you are also facing the same Minecraft Windows 10 Won’t Install follow the below steps.
- STEP 1. However, in some cases, you will get that your system is up to date, even though it is not
- STEP 2. Open up your browser and go this link
- STEP 3. Download the update assistant and run the program
- STEP 4. Hopefully, you will be able to get the latest update
- STEP 5. Once updated, restart your system and your issue will be fixed
3. Reset Microsoft Store
If you are running the latest version of windows and getting the Minecraft Windows 10 Won’t Install error follow the steps.
- STEP 1. Open the command window with admin permissions
- STEP 2. Now execute the below command
- STEP 3. Once you execute the command you will see a new window will pop up with a message The cache for the Store was cleared. You can now browse the Store for apps
- STEP 4. Now simply restart your system and then download the game without errors
In the above guide, we have tried to cover all the solutions that can fix the Minecraft Windows 10 Won’t Install Issue. We have covered all the possible causes that can trigger the error.
Follow us for more interesting tech stuff guides and tips like this Minecraft Windows 10 Won’t Install. Thank you!