There are times when you have to for some reason need to change the game folder location. This can be due to multiple reasons majorly including not enough space on that particular hard drive or maybe you want to speed up the game loading time and want to move the game to SSD. Our today’s guide talks about such a scenario. Today we will be moving a game called overwatch to another drive easily. This How to Move Overwatch to Another Drive guide covers all the important things that you need to know on How to move overwatch to another drive, and various issues you can face if is not moved correctly.
Possible Issues that May Occur if the Folder is Not Moved Correctly
Usually changing the location of a game folder is not so easy task. You can’t just move the folder to a different location and start running the game, it will result in various errors like launcher not found, or if you manage to launch the game it will crash. You can also get missing file errors as well. Although you can download the game from start it is a long process plus you will also lose all your saved data.
- Launcher not found
- The game will crash
- Missing files error
So by going through the above points you must know all the issues that you can face. However, the Battle.net launcher allows you to move the game to a different one so that you face no issues.
Steps on How to Move Overwatch to Another Drive Using Battle.net Client
If you have decided to change the location of the overwatch folder then surely it is not an easy task to accomplish. That is why we have put together this easy-to-follow How to Move Overwatch to Another Drive guide. In this section, we have covered all the steps on How to move overwatch to another drive easily and without facing any errors or crashes.
Furthermore, if you are wondering that you have any other game that you have downloaded using the battle.net client and can the below steps be applicable to that game. Well, the answer is Yes. You can use these below methods on other games as well but make sure that they are downloaded using the battle.net client.
- STEP 1. While you are on the desktop launch the Battle.net client
- STEP 2. Once the client is opened up, look on the left, you can see all your installed games, locate Overwatch
- STEP 3. Now right-click on it and choose the show in explorer option
- STEP 4. You will be directed to the installation folder of the game, now right-click on the game folder
- STEP 5. Choose the cut option and then head to the desired location where you want it to move. Right-click and choose paste
- STEP 6. In case you want to move it to another disk, follow the same step
- STEP 7. Once the folder is copied completely, run the battle.net client
- STEP 8. Now firstly uninstall the Overwatch, once done, reinstall it and point it to the new location
- STEP 8. As soon as you hit the install button instead of downloading or installing you will see the Update process going on
- STEP 9. Let this process complete once it is completed you can run the game without any issues
In the above How to Move Overwatch to Another Drive guide, we have covered all the important steps that are required on how to move overwatch to another drive. The process is very easy and can be completed in a few minutes.
We hope that you have moved all the game files and the game is working fine too. For more guides on How to Move Overwatch to Another Drive games and other gaming-related stuff follow us. Thank you!