If your PS4 is constantly booting into the safe mode, then there can be some serious issues with the system files. A lot of users have been asking for solutions to fix the PS4 Stuck in Safe Mode Issue. Keeping that in mind, we have put together an ultimate guide that contains all the best ways to fix this issue which you can do on your own.
Possible Causes Why your PS4 Stuck in Safe Mode?
- The update is not installed correctly.
- Database is corrupted
- The system file is corrupted
- Incorrect Shutting down
- Loose HDMI cables
- Dust deposited inside the ports
Similar Types of PS4 Stuck in Safe Mode Issues
- PS4 safe mode connect a USB storage device
- I cannot start the ps4
- PS4 safe mode without power button
- PS4 serious error safe mode
- PS4 safe mode change resolution
- PS4 safe mode rebuild database
- How to get ps4 out of safe mode – youtube
- PS4 safe mode after a power outage
Methods to Fix PS4 Stuck in Safe Mode Very Easily
Let’s go through all the ways to fix the PS4 stuck in safe mode issue.
1. Use the Restart Options
So let’s start with the easiest way to get out of this stuck issue. Although the chances are that you must have already gone through this method. In case you did not, it is suggested that you use the inbuilt Restart option that is displayed in the Safe mode menu.
Sometimes this manual triggering solves the issue.
- STEP 1. Start your PS4 and make sure that your controller is connected to your PlayStation
- STEP 2. Once the safe mode menu appease choose the first option Restart PS4
- STEP 3. Once selected, press the X button and let it restart
2. Clean & Reconnect the Cords
If you are on this method, the chances are that the first method failed. Often safe mode occurs because of loose cables or unconnected chords. It can be the HDMI cable, power cable, and other important cables. So what this method talks about is to make sure that all the cables are connected correctly.
Makes sure that before reconnecting the chords, your system is turned off properly for safety purposes.
- STEP 1. Gently unplug the HDMI cord from both TV and your PlayStation 4
- STEP 2. Now gently clean the ports with a dry cloth, make sure to clean them out correctly
- STEP 3. Clean both the ports of the TV and your Console
- STEP 4. Once done, connect the Cord tightly
Once you are done with the HDMI cords, the next thing is the Power cord. Perform the same steps as you are done for HDMI cords.
- STEP 1. Unplug the Power cord from the PS4 as well as the Socket
- STEP 2. Clean out the port on PS4 gently with a dry cloth
- STEP 3. Let the cord be disconnected for about 15-20 minutes
- STEP 4. Connect the cords and try starting the PS4
3. Rebuild the Database
In case the above method fails to boot back, normally try rebuilding the Database. It is an effective way to fix any sort of glitch or error in the system files. Follow the steps to see how it is done.
- STEP 1. As soon as your PS4 boots back into the safe mode, head straight to the 5th option
- STEP 2. Use the controller to select the option and finally hit the x to start the process
- STEP 3. The process can take a few moments; once the process is done, restart the PS4
- STEP 4. If it boots again into safe mode, choose the restart option
4. Update the Software
If your PS4 is still booting into Safe, then the issue is serious now; you have to follow some methods that require action related to the software. So the first thing that you can do is to update the PS 4 software simply. It can be helpful to bypass the issue. Follow the steps to do so.
- STEP 1. Before proceeding, make sure that your internet is working fine
- STEP 2. Now connect your PS4 to the internet using Wi-Fi or LAN cable anyone is good
- STEP 3. Once your PS4 boots into the Safe mode, use your controller and select the Update System Software menu option
- STEP 4. If you are in luck, the system will be updated, and your issue will be fixed
- STEP 5. Once updated, it might again boot into the safe, so choose the Restart PS4 option, and it will boot normally
5. Reinstall System Software
There are some users who have claimed that their PS4 was not able to connect to the internet, and ultimately, they could not install the update. If that is the issue for you, also there is a manual way as well. Simply follow the steps.
- STEP 1. Make sure that you are not using a USB drive that has content inside
- STEP 2. Also, there must be at least 375 MB of free
- STEP 3. Connect the USB drive to your computer, open it and create a folder in it named PS4
- STEP 4. Once the PS4 folder is created, get Inside the folder and create another folder named UPDATE
- STEP 5. Now open a web browser and click on this link to download the update
- STEP 6. Once the update is downloaded, simply move the update file to the UPDATE folder inside the USB drive
- STEP 7. Also, make sure that the update file is named as PS4UPDATE.PUP
- STEP 8. Now remove the USB from the PC and connect it to the USB port of your PS4
- STEP 9. As soon as you boot into safe mode, choose the Update System Software option
- STEP 10. It will recognize the USB drive and soon start to install the update
- STEP 11. Once the update is installed, restart the PS4, and hopefully, you will boot normally
- STEP 12. In case it boots back into safe mode, chooses the Restart option
6. Send it to Repair
Sadly if all the methods mentioned above fail to work, there is no other way you have to take your console to the service center.
Tell them the issue and what methods you have done so far. Hopefully, they will fix the problem.
The above guide talks about some ways that can Fix the PS4 Stuck in Safe Mode issue.
We hope that these methods have been helpful. For more guides on games, follow us. Thank you!