Error 80710092 is a well-known error when it comes to the users who own a PlayStation device. Every time a user tries to log in to their PlayStation account the error pops up. There are some very common reasons due to which this error appears; which we will be going through below section. The error commonly occurs on the PS3, PS4 devices. So if you are also facing this error issue and want to fix this then you are in the right place. This guide aims to provide all the necessary information that will help you in fixing the Error 80710092 issue as soon as possible.
Causes of Error 80710092 Issues
Talking of the possible causes of Error 80710092 first of all you need to know that it is a network issue. That means if you have recently made any changes to your network then you might get this error. Apart from that any changes in the network settings of your PlayStation device also trigger this error. There are chances that your router might not be working properly or your internet is not working. One major reason why users face this issue is because of DNS issues, if you have entered a wrong or invalid DNS then also the issue can occur.
- Network Issues
- Internet not Working
- Incorrect or no DNS
- Recent Network settings changes
Similar Types of Error 80710092 Issues
- Error code 80710092 ps3
- Ps3 error 80710102
- Ps3 error 80710016
- Playstation network
- Ps3 error 80028ea1
- Sony entertainment network
How to Fix Error 80710092 Problem Issue Very Quickly
By now you know that Error 80710092 occurs due to some issues with the network or the network settings. To get rid of this issue below we have demonstrated multiple solutions that target this issue and users have found these methods to be working very well. Furthermore, all these solutions are very working well in PS3, PS4, and similar devices.
1. Basic Troubleshooting Steps
It is recommended that you go through the below-mentioned tips. If these tips fail to work for you then you can follow the other given solutions.
- Revert Changes: If you have recently made any changes to your network settings like security type, DNS settings, or similar then it is suggested that you revert back.
- Restart: You can try restraining your Playstation device, if that does not work then try restarting your router.
- Check Internet: Check if your internet is in fact working properly
2. Change PlayStation DNS settings
One of the major reasons why this error appears is because of no DNS or incorrect DNS settings. To fix this issue all you are required to do is to visit your PS network settings and there manually put the DNS entered in the steps. For a better understanding follow the below steps.
- STEP 1. Once you are on the main home screen of your PlayStation, scroll right to the settings
- STEP 2. From the Setting, you need to scroll down to the Network Settings
- STEP 3. Within the network setting, you have to look for the internet connection settings
- STEP 4. Once you enter into the Internet Connection Settings you need to choose In Custom, then choose the connection method
- STEP 5. Now select your Network and proceed setup the settings as you have done before until DNS settings
- STEP 7. Once you reach the DNS settings you have to choose Manual
- STEP 8. After choosing the manual Once you have to enter Primary and PublIC DNS; which are given below
Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124 Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199 Or Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52 Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
- STEP 9. After you have entered the DNS you have to set the rest of the settings as follows
MTU to be Automatic Proxy Server to be Do not Use UPnP set to be Enable
- STEP 10. Once you have gone through the settings and set up you can try logging into your PlayStation account
4. Reset Your Playstation Device
If all of the above-demonstrated methods fail to work for you then you can also try to reset your PS to restore all the default settings. This method can be helpful if you do not recall any crucial change that you have which is triggering the error.
Follow the below steps to carry out the procedure. One thing to keep in mind here is that all your data will be lost, so if you have important files make sure to take a backup of those files. For the purpose of this guide here, we will demonstrate the use of PS 3.
- STEP 1. While you are on the home screen of your PlayStation device head to the Settings
- STEP 2. In the setting scroll all the way to Restore PS3 system
- STEP 3. You have to go through the confirmation of resetting your PSN hit Yes
- STEP 4. Now you will be given 2 options to choose from full format or quick format, select quick format, you can go with the quick format
- STEP 5. As soon as you choose the quick format option you will see the progress bar
- STEP 6. After your device is reset your device will restart
- STEP 7. After restarting you will have to go through the initial setup screen and by the end of the setup you can log in to your account
Error 80710092 belongs to Playstation devices, the error may occur on PS3, PS4, or PS5 because it is not related to any sort of software issue. It is just a network issue. However by following the above methods you can easily fix the issue.
For more guides on troubleshooting Playstation issues follow us. Thank you!