Battle Royale games have always been the one the best genre of games. Within this genre, there are tons of games that you can play, and within these games is Call of duty modern warfare. Surely the game manages to capture gamer’s attention, and why not? It’s one of the legendary games. But it’s recent release COD: Modern Warfare is getting a lot of hatred from fans. The game is prone to bugs, crashes, and errors. Withing these errors is modern warfare GPU not supported. The error appears as soon as the player launches the game. In this troubleshooting guide, we are going to see what are the possible causes of this issue along with its possible solutions.
Causes of Modern Warfare GPU not Supported Error
Now there can be several causes behind the modern warfare GPU not supported error. As multiple users have mentioned various reasons, but some of them were common. So firstly, the most obvious reason is that your system configuration arent up to the mark when it comes to running modern warfare. Secondly, there may be some issues with the GPU driver or Nvidia GPU settings.
- Insufficient System Requirements
- Issues with GPU
- Issues with Nvidia Graphics settings
Similar Types of Modern Warfare GPU Not Supported Error
- GPU not supported warzone
- Modern warfare not using GPU
- Your VRAM does not meet minimum modern warfare
- Cod warzone GPU not supported
- Warzone GPU not supported fix
- Warzone not using GPU
- GPU does not meet minimum requirements modern warfare
- Modern warfare NVidia drivers
How to Fix Modern warfare GPU Not Supported Error Issue
Below we have demonstrated some solutions that you can use to resolve the Modern warfare GPU Not Supported error within few moments.
1. System Configurations
So the first and one of the major causes behind the call of duty Modern Warfare GPU Not Supported error is system requirements. Maybe your system doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements and thus causing the issue. Below we have given a table of minimum system requirements, kindly check it.
OS: Windows 7 64-Bit (SP1) or Windows 10 64-Bit
CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300
RAM: 8GB of RAM
STORAGE: 175GB HD space
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 or GeForce GTX 1650 or Radeon HD 7950
DirectX: Requires DirectX 12 compatible system
Network: Stable Internet Connection
2. Multiple Monitors
If you are using multiple monitors, make sure not to use them. Instead, run the game first on one monitor. Once the game starts running now, you can connect all other monitors without causing any call of duty Modern Warfare GPU Not Supported error issue.
3. Installing Required Drivers
In this method, we will see how to download the required graphics to eliminate the Modern Warfare GPU Not Supported error. Follow the steps now.
- STEP 1. First of all Launch the GeForce Experience application
- STEP 2. Once the application is opened, click on the Drivers tab from the horizontal menu
- STEP 3. Now click on the 3-Dot menu
- STEP 4. Choose either Express installation or Custom installation
- STEP 5. Once you have selected, you will be prompted to download. Click the download button
- STEP 6. Now install it, and once the installation is done, restart your system
4. Adding Modern Warfare to Graphics Priority List
If the call of duty Modern Warfare GPU Not Supported error still persists follow the steps,
- STEP 1. Open up Settings
- STEP 2. Now Navigate to the System settings > Display
- STEP 3. Under the Display tab at the bottom click on Graphics settings
- STEP 4. Select the Classic app from Choose an app to set the preference option
- STEP 5. Now click on Browse and choose Call of Duty: Modern Warfare installation folder on your C: drive
- STEP 6. Select the .exe launcher file in the folder
- STEP 7. Once done select it, and choose Options
- STEP 8. Now put it on High performance and save the settings
5. Tweaking the HOST File
So if you have cross-checked the system requirements and your system satisfies that follow these call of duty Modern Warfare GPU Not Supported error methods. In this method, we will be making changes in the Host File. For better understanding, follow the steps.
- STEP 1. First of all, uninstall the existing the Nvidia GFE client, then restart your system
- STEP 2. Once the uninstallation is done. Open the browser and go to this link
- STEP 3. Download the client, make sure always to download the latest version
- STEP 4. Install the GFE client
- STEP 5. Once the installation is done, do not open it
- STEP 6. Navigate to the below location
- STEP 7. Locate the file name Hosts, right-click on it and open with Notepad
- STEP 8. Now put the below in that file
- STEP 9. Once done save the file and don’t save it as .txt just HOSTS
In this troubleshooting guide on Modern Warfare GPU Not Supported Error. We have given you all the possible ways to fix the issue. We hope that you fix your problem.
For more guides, tips, and other tech stuff, follow us.