The squad is a tactical first-person shooter game, and the game features a squad-based game whose main objective is to defeat the other enemy squad and its complete faction. All the squad players belong to a different class, including the shooter, medic, anti-tank specialists, combat engineer, etc. The game is only available for PC, our today’s guide talks about a well-known issue with the game. According to the users, whenever the game is launched, it gets stuck on a black screen. If you are also facing this issue, follow this guide. We will be covering all the possible ways by which you can easily fix the squad black screen issue.
Causes of Squad Black Screen Problem
Talking of the squad black screen on startup issue, well, first of all, it is not an issue. It is just that the game takes around 10-15 minutes to load up completely. It seems like that the game is stuck, but it is not; all the processes and services of the game are actually running. Now there are some cases in which the game is actually stuck. If you are game is taking more than 10-15 minutes, that means it has issues with screen resolution issues.
- Game resolution issue
- Graphics issues
- Game bug
Similar Types of Squad Black Screen Issues
- Squad black screen not responding
- Squad black screen after the match
- Squad not responding on startup.
- Squad stuck on the loading screen.
- Squad crashing on startup
- Squad infinite loading
- The squad won’t launch.
- Squad resolution bug
How to Fix Squad Black Screen Problem Issue
To fix the Squad Black Screen after splash screen Issue, we have gathered some methods that will surely help eliminate this issue. Below are all the methods demonstrated. Feel free to use them.
1. Wait till the Game Loads Completely
According to many users and the developers themselves, it has been confirmed that it is not a Squad Black Screen on startup issue in most cases. When the user launches the game, it may seem like the game is stuck at a black screen and not moving forward. Well, it is still loading in the background. All the processes and the services of the game are running in the background, and this loading takes almost 10-15 minutes, and then you can see the main menu of the game.
Although It is not sure whether it’s a bug or an optimization issue which makes the loading of the increased by 10 -15 minutes, but yes, the game takes a while to load.
2. Fix the Screen Resolution
If your game is taking more than 10-15 minutes to load, well, it is an issue. The first thing in such scenarios is the resolution issue. According to the users, the game during installation saves wrong or incorrect resolution information, resulting in the Squad Black Screen startup issue. To fix this, follow the below steps.
- STEP 1. First of all, make sure that the game is closed completely
- STEP 2. Now go to My computer and follow the below path
- STEP 3. Once you are in the Squad folder, go to the Saved folder
- STEP 4. Now right click on the config file and open it with the Notepad
- STEP 5. Once the file is opened in the Notepad, fill in the correct information corresponding to the below fields
- STEP 5. Once done, save the changes, and you are good to go. Launch the game, and hopefully, the issue will be fixed.
3. Run the Game in Windowed Mode
If the above method did not solve your Squad Black Screen after intro issue, well, running the game in windowed mode will surely fix the issue. This method talks about the black screen issue while the sound is still running in the background. Follow the below steps to fix it.
- STEP 1. While you are running the game and the black screen is already there, simply press Alt+Enter
- STEP 2. Once you press the keys, the game will automatically run the game in windowed mode
- STEP 3. However, this is a temporary fix. To fix this permanently, head to the below path.
- STEP 4. Open up the Graphics Settings of the game and put Window mode to Windowed
- STEP 5. Save the changes and try running the game
In the above guide, we have demonstrated multiple ways to fix the squad black screen issue. We have discussed all the possible causes of this issue also.
We hope by following this guide, your Squad Black Screen issue is fixed. For more guides like this, follow us. Thank you!