Starbound is unlike other games. In the era of digital 3D games, it is a 2D game. But that does not stop its glory, and in fact, it is much better than various advanced 3D games. The game has a very beautiful storyline. Similar to various big adventure-based games, the game has a side quest and the main storyline. Furthermore, you get to see action, fighting, chasing, etc. Moving on to the guide, this guide is for our PC users who have been struggling to run the game. As told by the users, the game crashes immediately after launching. There are no error messages nor any dialogue box. If you are also facing this issue, follow this guide. We will be covering all the causes and solutions to fix the Starbound won’t Launch issue.
Causes of Starbound won’t Launch Problem
Talking of the possible causes of Starbound won’t Launch from steam issue. The first cause is mods. If you are running the game with mods, then it will surely crash. The second is compatibility. If you are running the latest windows 10 and facing this issue, there are chances that it might not run because the game is not fully compatible with windows 10. Furthermore, if you are using the Steam client, then automatically, there are some launch options set to the game, which prevents it from running. Also, multiple users have confirmed that overlay applications are also one of the possible causes of this issue.
Similar Types of Starbound won’t Launch Issue
- starbound not launching 2020
- starbound not launching 2019
- starbound won’t launch 2019
- starbound not launching with mods
- starbound won’t launch 2020
- starbound not loading
- starbound won’t launch with mods
- starbound crashing on startup
How to Fix Starbound won’t Launch Problem Issue
To fix Starbound won’t Launch steam Issue, below we have demonstrated all the solutions. You can use them to get rid of the issue.
1. Run the Game as Administrator
So the first thing you can do to bypass the crash is to run the game with administrator permission. It is a fairly simple way to fix the Starbound won’t Launch with mods issue. Follow the below steps to do so.
- STEP 1. Go to the Desktop shortcut of the game and right-click
- STEP 2. From the menu, list choose open file location option
- STEP 3. You will be automatically redirected to the installation folder of the game
- STEP 4. There you have to find the launcher file
- STEP 5. Simply right-click > Run as administrator
- STEP 6. Now you can see that the game is no longer crashing
2. Remove All the Launch Options
If you are using the Steam client, another way that has been found useful in fixing the Starbound won’t Launch 2019 issue is removing all the launch options that are set. Follow the below steps to remove them.
- STEP 1. While you are running the Steam Client
- STEP 2. Head to the Game library, locate the Starbound game, then Righ-click on it
- STEP 3. Now select Properties
- STEP 4. head to the Launch options tab
- STEP 5. Here delete anything present and save it blank
- STEP 6. Once done, try running the game
3. Disable Overlay Applications
Another possible cause behind the Starbound won’t Launch 2018 issue is the overlay applications. If you are running any sort of overlay applications, then the game might crash. Below is a list of common overlay applications.
- Streaming application
- Recording Applications
The above guide talks about the Starbound won’t Launch issue. The issue is limited to some users. Also, there are some causes that we have covered in the guide that are the possible reasons why the game crashes.
We hope by following this guide, your Starbound won’t Launch issue has been fixed. For more guides like this, follow us. Thank you!