Our today’s guide is based on a very famous, The Division Crash issue; according to the users, the game crashes as soon as you launch it. Also, the game crashes with a dialogue box with error code 0xc0000142. Talking of the game, it is an online role play game in which you play the role of an agent, and he is trying to investigate the chaos caused by a virus. You can expect great action, weaponry, and adventure. However, the fun spoils due to the crash issue. If you are also facing this issue, follow this guide as we will be covering all the possible causes and solutions of The Division Crash.
Causes of The Division Crash Error Problem
Talking of the possible causes of this The Division Crash to the desktop issue, it can be said that the Affinity of AntiEasyCheat component of the game is known to be one of the major causes behind the crashing issue. It takes up a lot of CPU memory. Furthermore, Low RAM issue is also a possible cause. Also, if you are using any other anti-cheat engine, then it might cause incompatibility with your game, and as a result, the game crashes. Last but not least is DirectX; if you are running the game with Directx11, then also the crash happens because the game supports DirectX12.
Similar Types of The Division Crash Error Issue
- The Division Crash on startup
- The division 2 crashing
- The division keeps crashing in 2019
- The division 2 crashing problem
- Division 2 random crashes
- Division 2 crashing on startup
- Division 2 dx12 crash
- Division 2 dx12 crash 2020
How to Fix The Division Crash Error Problem Issue
In order to fix The Division Crash on startup Issue, we have gathered all the solutions that have been found to be working. Below are all the methods demonstrated using steps.
1. Making the AntiEasyCheat to Run on Single Core
So one of the major causes that lead to The Division Crash on fullscreen is the AntiEasyCheat component of the game. It is an inbuilt component that prevents the user from using any sort of cheat program. This helps prevent any inconsistencies during the game process.
However, it is found out that this component takes over a large part of CPU power resulting in the game crash. The below steps will make sure that it is running on a single core to prevents Excess CPU usage.
- STEP 1. While the game is running, press the ALT+CTRL+DELETE button on your keyboard
- STEP 2. As soon as you press the keys, you can see a blue screen, below click on Task Manager
- STEP 3. Make sure you are in the Details tab, locate and right-click on AntiEasyCheat
- STEP 4. From the context menu, choose Set Affinity > Tick on CPU 0
- STEP 5. Once done, click OK, and proceed to the Game to fix this The Division Crash au lancement.
2. Fixing the Compatibility
Some users have managed to fix The Division Crash fullscreen issue by running in the Compatibility Mode. All the important steps have been stated below.
- STEP 1. While you are on the Steam client, go to your game library
- STEP 2. In the library, locate and right-click on Division
- STEP 3. From the context menu, choose Properties
- STEP 4. Now head to the Local files tab, click on the Browse local files button
- STEP 5. You will be redirected to the installation folder, locate the Launcher file of the game
- STEP 6. Right-click on it and go to the Compatibility tab
- STEP 7. Below tick on Disable fullscreen optimizations
- STEP 8. Now click on Change high DPI settings button
- STEP 9. Finally, tick on Override high DPI scaling behavior, and from the drop-down menu, select Applications
- STEP 10. Save the changes, and you are done; try running the game now without this The Division Crash fix.
3. Delete the tobii_gameintegration_x64.dll File from Game Directory
Another major cause that has been found to be possible is the tobii_gameintegration_x64.dll file. For some reason, this dll file causes the game to crash. Follow the below The Division Crash on launch steps to delete this problematic file.
- STEP 1. Follow STEP 1-5 from Method 2.
- STEP 2. Now locate the tobii_gameintegration_x64.dll and delete it to get rid of The Division Crash to desktop no error.
4. Enabling the DirectX12
In the causes section, we have stated that if you are running the game on directx11, then the crash issue occurs. Although tom clancy The Division Crash issue is limited to very few users but still if you have already tried the above methods, then this might be the real culprit. Follow the below steps to use DirectX12 instead of DirectX11.
- STEP 1. While the Steam Client is running, go to the Games Library
- STEP 2. Now locate Division and Right-click on it, now go to Properties
- STEP 3. In the Properties, head to the General tab and click the Set launch options
- STEP 4. Now, if there is already a command, simply add a comma and then put the below text
- STEP 5. Once you have entered the text, save the changes and try running the game without this The Division Crash when fullscreen.
The above guide talks about The Division Crash issue. The guide explains the causes of this issue and all the important and working solutions to fix the issue.
We hope that by following this guide, your, The Division Crash issue is fixed for more guides like this follow us. Thank you!